General Guide for Awakening (S1+)

• Hi.

I'm a gunslinger players and a sorc player from Phoenix. I'm here to talk to you guys about the mysteries of Awakening Conten (S1+) that's coming sooner than you expect.

What is Awakening?

Awakening is what X-Legend decided to make after you hit level 99. Instead of becoming level 100, you get to do a special "Awakening Trial" that requires you to kill three bosses in a row to gain access to Slvl. 1. Awakening is also the introduction of a lot of new stat mechanics and a lot higher stat caps.

The Trial Itself:

The awakening quest itself isn't actually that bad compared to what happens afterwards. Think of floor 12 from time library and then triple the evasion of the bosses. Your nocturnal still works, but the question now becomes can you hit the boss or not. Put accuracy points in spec if needed, swap to sub bard for more survivability, and make sure before clearing this you're actually ready for what happens when you come out of the quest. It is perfectly clearable in +20 gear, just don't shy away from using tonics and things if needed.

New Stats and Stat Caps:

When I say "new stats" I don't mean things magically appear on your main page. I mean this:

Overcapped crit becomes crit damage cap

Overcapped eva becomes "true evasion"

"Awakening Coefficient": 15% dmg vs non awakened enemies and 15% dmg taken from non awakened enemies

New Stat Caps:

100% Crit: 42,000 (with 0 crit rate from any other sources) @ s10

When awakening the value is about 31-32k speed at s1

50% Speed: 21,000

About 15,000 speed at s1

80% Defense: 38,000

Quick Maths listed below.sket21W.png

What These New Stats Mean and Don't Mean:

The new meta at awakening essentially becomes a game of balancing how much crit dmg you have with how much crit damage cap you have with how much crit you have. The hard cap for bonus crit damage cap is 50% (which requires an insanely large amount of crit). On average, an achievable ratio for this is having about 50-55k crit (roughly 36%-40% crit damage cap). What this means is that spec on crit is absolutely worth it. Spec crit gives so much crit that it's just dumb to not take. What this doesn't mean is that crit is your only priority. What's the point of getting a billion cdmg cap without being able to hit it. Don't go putting 99 points in crit along with a crit mount, crit costume enchants and crit transforms on all your gear, then you'll be sacrificing too much for the sake of cap.

Gear:

Going forward, and I cannot stress this enough PEN IS ACTUALLY THE MOST IMPORTANT STAT IN THE GAME.

Basically what this means is, craft your S1 weapons and get dmg/pen enchants. A Damage/Random Stat/Pen enchant is infinitely better than a Dmg/Dmg/No Pen.

The only case where this really isn't worth is your weapon cards. The order goes: 5% DD with no pen < Random card with pen < 8% DD < Pen + DD.

Armors:

Magic Sundering Top is not worth it. The 2k crit that you get from it is essentially useless in the long run when you look at Magic Sundering Bottom (10% crit and 20% cdmg > 2k crit).

S1 tops are pretty much the only real "upgrade" out of the S1 gear, significantly higher base stats, and flat dmg as a set bonus make the set incredibly worth. 90 tops still work fine at S1-5 if you don't feel like spending all the money.

Trophies

Trophies are also a big thing to consider. Guzi still reigns supreme as your bottom slot trophy. As weird as this sounds, Winston's Sword Fragments is actually the best trophy in the game if you need crit. The stacks from it are really amazing. Also, with the next set of story dungeons, the defense shred crowbar drops, which again, is another amazing trophy. Best combo is probably going to be Winston's Sword Fragments + Guzigla and make sure you have noripan leaf until you hit Slvl 5.

Screenshot (56).png

Some players with really high prayer/story/achievement score might not need this trophy because their stats will be naturally higher. At this point, I'd recommend sticking with Delphonia + Guzigla tooth or going Crowbar + Guzigla depending on your ability to stack things.

Screenshot (58).png

With recent addition of 95 elemental trophies, this changes. These trophies are basically the 65 gold ones but on steroids in terms of stats. They increase damage by a lot, and in certain cases for certain classes, they should be your bottom slot (lancer dark, guns/shuri storm, etc.)

download (1).png

The dark trophy as an example.

At S5, the best trophy is Storm of the Abyss, it's basically an upgraded version of Delphonia's Earring. It also gives 25% crit damage and a lot of crit. With this trophy and ele trohpies, the end game S10 trophy for violent is Storm of the Abyss + the appropriate ele trophy.

DO NOT USE SYNETAR'S SHARD. NEVER USE FROST HORN. The trophy itself gives 0 in terms of useful stats, and the miniature zeal that it gives is equally useless. The way this trophy works is you have to get both of the 20% attack speed procs, then with those procs stacked you then have another % chance to 50% zeal on your attacks. It's in no way, shape, or form worth the investment.

Screenshot (57).png

Accessories

Accessory Set. Our lord and savior, the level 95 gold set that gives crit and cdmg cap. You will use this set past 95, all the way up to S10. This set is actually the best thing ever invented in this game. It gives 30% cdmg and 50% cdmg cap on a proc. What more could you need?

download.png

Crafted Gear/Gold Gear:

S1 set as a whole is a really meh upgrade. The top set gives more flat stats and the set bonus is flat dmg. It's more stats, but 90 tops work well.

S5 Gold tops are a really really good set if you don't need crit damage. Some classes meet their crit dmg caps incredibly easily, some don't. This top set is very comparable to S1 tops but it's better if you don't need the crit dmg.

Next, let's look at S5 gold weapons. These things are possibly the biggest damage increase you can find in the whole game. Total, they give roughly a 25% dps increase over an S1 crafted weapon. They even have really good effects (except sorc, sorc never gets anything nice.) These are naturally the most important gear upgrade you could make.

S5 Lance as an example.

download (3).png

S1 Crafted Weapon Stats:

Finally, S1 Crafted Weapons. These weapons are X-Legend's attempt at forcing you to diversify classes because some of these weapons are actually awful. They give 15% PEN though, so you're kinda forced to use them.

Crit DMG Taken -15% + Boss DMG 10%: Guard

DMG Taken from Bosses And Elites -8% + Boss DMG 10%: Bard

Crit DMG Against Bosses 30% + Boss DMG 10%: Wizard, Ravager, Lancer, Holy Sword, Tachi

Damage Against Elites And Bosses 8%: Bow, Sorcerer

Crit Rate Against Boss 20% and Boss DMG 10%: Gunslinger, Grenadier, Scythe, Shuriken, Duelist, Katar

Rerolls:

In the future there are 2 new kinds of rerolls that come out. Firstly, purple secret stones. Purple secret stones are both amazing and a huge scam at the same time. First, in order to upgrade them, the stone needs to be level 70, and you need 10 of an item called Mysterious Rainbow Gems. These gems drop from OW field dungeons (i.e OW SIF), and are super rare. You also need them to craft the rerolls. When you upgrade a stone to purple, the stats get completely randomized, meaning that unless you're rolling in advanced rerolls I'd highly recommend not upgrading them instantly.

Next, we have the new costume rerolls. These are incredibly broken and make costumes incredibly important (you might actually have to commit to an outfit with them).

download.pngScreenshot (59).png

Final Remarks:

While awakening might seem intimidating, and this is a lot of information, just remember that at the end of the day, if you have +30s and decent prayers you'll be fine. The awakening quest is the first reality check because it's a solo with decent stat debuffs. If you can't clear that then you don't want to be awakening (unless Aeria releases the quest skip item for AP, then a bunch of people are going to be complaining about their stats). Hopefully this is a wake up call for Aeria to make +30 affordable and make transfer scrolls available. If you have any questions feel free to DM me on here or on Discord Chris.#0404. Enjoy all the nice new pictures and stuff.

-Chris

Files

Daybreak - 95 - Gunslinger

SoonTM - 90 - Shuriken

ChubbyBird - 90 - Sorc

Pachimari - 90 - Lancer

Snow Vice

Hydra Phoenix

The post was edited 9 times, last by Daybreak ().

• Finally doing the QnA:

1. What about S5 accessory sets?

The 150% cdmg set in theory seems amazing, it's 3x the cdmg cap that the 90 set gives! In practice though, only two classes can really use it well. Lancer and Rav are two of the only classes who can actually use this because (if you're running sub HS) you get 60% boss cdmg from weapons compared to most classes getting 30% or 0%. I'd highly recommend not using this set, you already have so much cdmg you shouldn't be worried about trying to get 80% more from this set (it also gives no cdmg to help hit this value unlike the 95 set).

2. What is the best elemental gear going into the future?

In a perfect world, you're going to want to use hats, trophies, and mounts. Hats can roll 8% boss damage in the future, making you only lose the 10% card. The 95 trophies are amazing damage increases, only problem is forting all of them. Mounts because they give the most by a lot. In Aeria's world though, I'd probably say don't bother forting every ele trophy at this point and just fort the one you need and use hats, emblems, and mounts.

3. Is *insert your favorite class here* good after awakening?

The tier list is incredibly similar, except the classes that rely heavily on shuriken sub sink a lot. Lancer is still the top of all DPS, and classes like bard, guard, and gren remain at the bottom forever. Anything that naturally struggles for cdmg and can't use sub HS or Lancer also struggle a lot. Overall though, classes changing is based a lot more on class rebalancing that awakening.

4. How are story dungeons?

I personally believe that soloing these dungeons, if you're average gear, is going to be incredibly hard. The debuffs start to become insane, and in both s1 dungeons mobs can hit for about 300-500k. These dungeons are also incredibly punishing to parties/individuals who can't burst. Mobs in the castle have potential to wipe the entire party, the second boss stacks damage reduction and defense every hit, and the second boss of the mountain dungeon goes super sayan and starts 1 hitting everything in sight. If you can kill things quickly, these dungeons will be a breeze because at first glance they're incredibly basic dungeons. It's a conditional statement: If you can burst the mobs/bosses then you'll have no problems with them; If you cannot burst, clearing will be really hard.

5. Where do I get all those cool borders from?

Pvp in the future gives a border for every class you have 1k kills on, and getting professions to rank 10 gives panels.

6. How much crit do I need to have good overcap?
    So with awakening, the crit to crit dmg overcap because a pretty big focus. At S10, you need 42000 base crit to cap. 50,000 crit is about 30-35% over cap depending on how many crit tiles you have on envoy. Your goal is about 50k crit at awakening, you'll be set through debuffs and all. Obviously any crit over that is good, just as long as you can hit your cap.

SoonTM - 90 - Shuriken

ChubbyBird - 90 - Sorc

Pachimari - 90 - Lancer

Snow Vice

Hydra Phoenix

The post was edited 1 time, last by Daybreak ().

• everything is wrong 12/10 big sucre guide

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edit as well your stat caps increase per level so that 35k crit is at slv5 / 105 so its slighlty lower at lower lvl of awakening and higher at higher ones \

also its Tooth+winstons for awakening since Xleg has expects players to have eido storys that give detail dmg but ofc since os

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) we both know only some ppl get those storys tooth+wintsons is pretty much meta

Pilot 95 Ravager

Inha 95 Lancer

Thonking 95 Wizard

Garbage 95 Holy Sword

Catalyst

Chimera

• tenk you cris

10/10

rudecat17 Phoenix | Snow guild | Red boarder for life rudecat2

sE860lD.jpg

Snowflakes: 93 Bard | Ribbons: 90 Bow | M4rsie: 84 Lancer | Rose: xx Sorc | Lace: 81 Shuri | Soojung: xx Gunslinger

• This is a nice overview, as you basically touched upon all of the basics well, and yes, this will be another nail in the... I can't even call them the mass anymore since the server is effectively dead since quite a while ago, but it will be another huge widening of the gap between the huge spenders (I will neglect to mention the other things besides huge spending that rampantly occur to attain things in this game) and the rest of the new innocence that remains that hasn't learned how the state of the game is here, basically. The unfortunate reality is that while +30 and all of the other new stats sources added to the game in the last year or two gives too much raw damage, making the game that much easier if you have them all (especially if you elect to play certain classes), the sort of opposite also applies in that if you're lacking too many these things, then you will be that much further behind, especially after Awakening and new content comes.

One random question, if you know? Right now, with how scaling works on defense, it requires much, much more of an investment beyond 75%, and the implication of this is that it is not worth stating for defense beyond 75% (and only getting it if your fortifications naturally provide it [or Best Defense, if you use it]), because past that point, stating for HP is more efficient even if you're not capped on defense. Does this disparity remain after Awakening too, or does it become a linear scale throughout?

Chimera server - Catalyst guild - Retired

Sylver_Aura - Level 95 Wizard/Bard (since 2014) | Princess_Garnet - Level 86 Tachi (since 2015)

• Ohhh, so it's coming. Finally!!

I don't go discord so I may have missed out some announcements there. Looking forward to the official patch notes and exploring the new contents everyone has waited for just about a year long.

What's better than a cute loli? More cute lolis.

Gotta love this game.

• Awakening is when we finally realize that stats are 2stronk4us ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I wrote this guide more as a warning to players letting them know that at some point +30 basically becomes a necessity to cap your stats. It's also a heads up to Aeria telling them to actually make +30 accessible since apparently they refuse to listen to the whole community.

SoonTM - 90 - Shuriken

ChubbyBird - 90 - Sorc

Pachimari - 90 - Lancer

Snow Vice

Hydra Phoenix

• Ohhh, so it's coming. Finally!!

I don't go discord so I may have missed out some announcements there. Looking forward to the official patch notes and exploring the new contents everyone has waited for just about a year long.

I hate to quell excitement, but it's not necessarily anytime "too" soon if it follows a remotely similar schedule to Taiwan. As far as I know, the level cap goes up to level 99 the next time it goes up. Usually, the period of time between the level cap going higher seemed to be roughly a year, but it's only a much shorter time after it goes to level 99 that it again gets raised to S.Level 5 (105), and this when Awakening occurs. So, it's likely still at least a few months or so until it's going to arrive?

Sylver_Aura - Level 95 Wizard/Bard (since 2014) | Princess_Garnet - Level 86 Tachi (since 2015)

• Oh, oh...
    Oh yeah, I remember it know, we'll get the lv99 cap first, my bad. So this post is really great when it helps you prepare and get the proper gears for the Awakening. Kudo to Chris.

Gotta love this game.

• Oh, oh...
    Oh yeah, I remember it know, we'll get the lv99 cap first, my bad. So this post is really great when it helps you prepare and get the proper gears for the Awakening. Kudo to Chris.

I think it's less about saying "get this gear" as it is warning how the meta shifts due to Awakening and the class changes, and what things you will need (the gear being just one of those). Not having things like +30, not having a good size eidolon collection with a lot of three star eidolons for the story bonuses, and not having high bonus stats from prayers (and to a lesser extent but not to be overlooked, achievements) is going to hurt more rather than be a case of "the game is too easy and they are just bonuses" once Awakening comes. But everyone will keep playing the easy classes which struggle less and clear fast regardless and go "see, the game is still easy in +20 and none of that is needed" to justify that they shouldn't be accessible, so nothing will change.

True enough though, those people who have strong characters will be vastly disappointed with the new content two patches away. The level 90 dungeons are about as easy as the current level 85 dungeons (Shattered Netherworld/Chronowood Cavern), making this a very low point on the difficulty for a time in Aura Kingdom's life, so Daybreaks's post serves as a good warning that things will change a bit after that for many players. The game doesn't drastically get "harder" but lacking certain things will be more punishing for those who don't have them. For those who do, they won't notice anything is amiss.

• I wrote this guide more as a warning to players letting them know that at some point +30 basically becomes a necessity to cap your stats. It's also a heads up to Aeria telling them to actually make +30 accessible since apparently they refuse to listen to the whole community.

I'm not sure if TW ever actually made +30 available to the masses, but hopefully aeria is able to do something (at least the EST stuff is a start)

FEFwNLW.png

| Lancer lv 9x | Guild: BlackMarket| Discord Sairaphis#4185|

• Okay, just read the patch note, learned my lesson. I will not raise my hope ever again.

Ahh jeez, I should just get some lolis games and be done with this game already.

Gotta love this game.

• Update: Added some pictures for clarity, no longer comic sans :AK6:

SoonTM - 90 - Shuriken

ChubbyBird - 90 - Sorc

Pachimari - 90 - Lancer

Snow Vice

Hydra Phoenix

• I am quite certain that fortification insanity is probably the best way for Aeria to make money...

highly doubt Aeria will make +30 available to the masses unless u spend real money

CAPITALISM - profit is everything, can't blame it

• I am quite certain that fortification insanity is probably the best way for Aeria to make money...

highly doubt Aeria will make +30 available to the masses unless u spend real money

CAPITALISM - profit is everything, can't blame it

Unfortunately, the continued happening of the game becoming inaccessible more and more and over time has really hurt the state of the game itself. It's such a sad story to see what happened and what it is today compared to what could have been, especially since it was one of the few that was good at not doing what the entire genre as a whole always did to keep my away (requiring both big spending and big time commitments for progress compared to any and every other genre).

• Unfortunately, the continued happening of the game becoming inaccessible more and more and over time has really hurt the state of the game itself. It's such a sad story to see what happened and what it is today compared to what could have been, especially since it was one of the few that was good at not doing what the entire genre as a whole always did to keep my away (requiring both big spending and big time commitments for progress compared to any and every other genre).

well ya, but what can we do lol

Aeria is highly unlikely to listen anyways bc whatever we want, probably also is gonna impact them in a negative way.

otherwise, +30 forti package would be cheaper and superior scrolls would be avail along with those packages a while ago

my whole point is just trying to say ENJOY THE MOST OUT OF IT right now before the last bit of the fun dies out bc of Aeria

• Oh, I already took steps to retain enjoyment, and it was in the form of quitting. I linger around for chance at chat and keeping in touch with friends, but I quit actively playing here long ago because of it.

I stayed away from MMOs beforehand because of the insane time and financial commitments they most often seem to require (either it's subscription based and you have a literal monthly MMO bill [this is a ludicrous idea to me as a player, even though I understand servers have costs], and that is often atop buying the game and regular expansion packs, as well as a cash shop that is also present anyway, or it's free but often limits things too much unless you pay high amounts). Aura Kingdom came along and had an appealing art style, and was the right mix of casual but not too casual for me (if later discovered to be brokenly imbalanced, and has only gotten worse), and allowed most players access to most prime features (+20 was the same way at first though to be honest but it got better relatively timely).

The sad thing is, and this is down to both how X-Legends developed the game and how Aeria monetized it further, I believe the game COULD have been hugely massive even to today, and the high turnover rate of players is proof that the one thing they do well is keep new players coming in. Most people who i know quit did so because of Aeria's management or with how X-Legends was furthering the game in a way they felt was worse, not because they necessarily wanted to stop playing a game they used to love. The genre as a whole, while neat in concept, really has a lot to work out, but well, as you said at the end of the day, it's a business, and people fork them money over with the existing model so they've no incentive to currently do so, and I've all but given up on the genre as a whole of ever changing or improving compared to the amount I get out of every other genre/game I play (too little progress is all you get with MMOs to keep you around to make you more likely to find that subscription worth it or to buy that cash shop item). I don't regret my time with Aura Kingdom at all; more the opposite, as I met some incredible people who I do my best to stay in touch with, and had some wonderful (including some tear-eyed, haha) times, but this will likely be my first and last MMO unless another once in a Blue moon like it one comes along, but I doubt it. The genre's better days seem to have been over a decade ago (2000s basically) and maybe I should have instead given it a go back then (though it was more subscription based back then which is why I didn't).

Anyway, not meaning to get too far off the main post. Good information again (and with the update, too) Daybreak.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sylver_Aura ().

• Is the new CRIT 95 gold acce good for use now? o.O if you change from lv80 Perfect War to CRIT 90 Gold acce? o.O

I thinking its better than 80 perfect war right now too O.o
    Or am i wrong?? :/

• Is the new CRIT 95 gold acce good for use now? o.O if you change from lv80 Perfect War to CRIT 90 Gold acce? o.O

I thinking its better than 80 perfect war right now too O.o
    Or am i wrong?? :/

Well yes, technically, the new 95 cdmg accessories are better than 90 or 80 just in terms of flat base stats alone. But of course, you'll lose those Imperial cores if you're an imp user. I do recommend you to have a separate MS set you can switch to if that's the case. It'll be more useful once awakening comes up too due to the new mechanics and debuffs from dungeons we will be receiving.

BO4rhWI.png

| Sorcerer / Lancer | Level ?? | Rio#4417 |

• It'll be more useful once awakening comes up too due to the new mechanics and debuffs from dungeons we will be receiving.

This isn't entirely true; it's potentially more the opposite. While it is true that the higher stats will potentially give you a bit higher crit overcap after Awakening (though if you're not a blessed player with high prayer stats and a huge eidolon collection and can't overcap crit after reductions by a nice margin, this part won't even matter then), I want to clarify that there's nothing in the mechanics of the changes of Awakening itself that directly makes the set effect become better. If anything, that very thing makes the gain from this set potentially diminish somewhat. It's not major at all or anything, but I just wanted to clarify that so people don't think the set is less important now.

As another related aspect, this is the same reason the Wizard class has been, and continues to, suffer somewhat minor indirect nerfs. When the theoretical crit damage cap of every class goes up the same amount (from this accessory set and from Awakening mechanics), the difference between the Wizard and other classes only potentially shrinks. Theoretically, classes that have no extra innate crit damage cap over the natural 300% cap will be gaining the most from this accessory set and the Awakening changes to come.

• This isn't entirely true; it's potentially more the opposite. While it is true that the higher stats will potentially give you a bit higher crit overcap after Awakening (though if you're not a blessed player with high prayer stats and a huge eidolon collection and can't overcap crit after reductions by a nice margin, this part won't even matter then), I want to clarify that there's nothing in the mechanics of the changes of Awakening itself that directly makes the set effect become better. If anything, that very thing makes the gain from this set potentially diminish somewhat. It's not major at all or anything, but I just wanted to clarify that so people don't think the set is less important now.

Well, I only mentioned that it's better in general and may be able to produce better output in general, not class specific. Also, I just mentioned that "it'll be more useful", and not saying that Awakening will make it automatically better. At some point, I'm aware that some classes will be hindered by this effect, specifically those that have really high cdmg cap.

There are other options if we're gonna talk about it in a class-specific manner (but I'm not talking about that as so). In our future content and comparing current crafted sets, it's one of the better sets in general; assuming that this "generalization" means you have decent gears, can still relatively compensate other stats wisely, and still be able to cap your cdmg while using the set.

BO4rhWI.png

• I'm not discussing how the set compares across classes either. I'm discussing how it compares in general as well, before and after Awakening, because that is the criteria I quoted you on.

• Woops, your wiz-related comment might have confused me since in a way, it kind of is indirectly referring to class-specific usage. I hope that does clear up what I meant tho.

BO4rhWI.png

• I love to see these types of debates, really helps the remaining community a 'what to expect/how to deal with' the Awakening which I found kind of confusing until I found this thread. Though it might seem like common sense, there's still terms I don't understand but hopefully will sooner or later. :AK11:

About the monetizing AK, I still blame gamigo. :AK10:

rudecat16
    FancyCat              ChaeRin

CtrlAltDelete          Immortals
          Phoenix