Hallu everynub and Aeria-Team!
As you might know I am the guildleader of the Immortals Guild on the US-Phoenix server and also helper in the Phoenix-Guildleader Alliance (a discord where we discuss guildleading related stuff).
Here I am to start the Feedback-Thread for the (Zashi/Uriel/Pandora/Zephyrine) Special Guildhall Summon-Event.
For Immortals this event has been a complete success, everyone was quite happy to have a chance to get hands on those rare frags. Everyone got a few at least and it was very fun farming and summoning them. My guild had two big summons (and a few small ones of people that couldn't come to the big ones) with a total of over 550 Eidolons being summoned. And everyone receiving ~1-10 frags total (ofc not of the same eidolon. And we would LOVE to have more of them, and we'd love to see different eidolons too. But please fix the shield on the eidolons, it won't always spawn and they die so damn quick, if it doesn't.
Overall a success for us.
And there is the point. For us. Immortals is a quite large guild, to the special times there were 25-35 people online to participate in this guild event. But that is not a standard for AK guilds. The majority of guilds have to summons times ~5-15 people online, which also means far less spawns than we got.
But not only the amount of active guildies pushed the number of summons down: The fact that players under 85 couldn't do the Pandora- Trial Party quest cut the amount of summons by a lot. Also smaller, low level guilds wouldn't have the chance to get their hands on some Pandora frags. This was pre-curve patch, so it's important to make the last issue clear too (now everyone can reach 85 in a few hours, so now this problem wouldn't be one anymore).
Me and the guildleader and vices of various guild sat together to discuss this matter, and we only had little success.
Here are the tldr-topic points that we DISAGREED on doing:
- Asking Aeria to make the frag-rate depending on people online
- This wont work, because people would do their summons on their own at night to get a bigger chance to get the fragments. This doesn't help the guild-bonding, as well as it is not fun to do.
- Asking Aeria to make the frag-rate depending on how much people are in the guild
- This wont work, because many guilds have inactive players as well as alt players - or - are simply too international. (aka not everyone can be there at the same time)
- "nerfing" the summon rate for "big guilds"
- This wont work, because to define big guilds either one of the two points above would be needed or actual guildnames would be listed - which is kinda adding to the Drama-pool. And no-one likes Drama
As you can see we didn't get that far with our thinking, even tho we considered the thought "someone has to suffer either way" in our discussion.
Closest for a solution we came to the conclusion, that the current way is not that bad. But we players will need to make some efforts to help out others: The Exchange-Programm.
For the time of the event, people will put alts (that are working for the summons ofc) into smaller guilds to help them out. This way these small guilds will have more summons, but wont get disturbed by having to search for new -staying- members. Since it is only an exchange-programm after the event the alts would be removed again.
This idea is only a rough draft though. Many flaws and problems come with this too, that's why I would recommend discussing things, which Aeria could do first, and after that we can discuss, what we player can do.
Thanks very much for reading all this, and thank you for trying out so many new events, we appreciate it.
Here some more pictures of our event, cuz I can.