Surveying weapon durability decay across classes~

• Weapon durability goes down per use, although I don't know if these uses are determined by how many targets get hit, or merely by skill use as a single hit regardless. I also do not know if the amount it drops is static, or if it goes down more or less depending on certain factors (such as being weaker or stronger than the target(s), as one example). I wouldn't think any class directly loses durability more or less than any other class. However, certain classes that get the same results with less skill uses or players with greater gearing and damage done (not damage stat) will lose less durability compared to others, of course, since less "uses" are required. Without gathering more information than you are, I feel like you might get incomplete and incorrect conclusions from this.

The only input I can really give is that back in the Titan Root and Cadilla Felwood times (the original level 66 dungeons), I, as a Wizard, recall having to repair my weapon much more frequently during runs than a Ravager (by far the strongest class at the time) I was running with. The gearing between him and I wasn't too far apart, although he may have been a bit better geared than me at those times as well.

I'd expect the easier or stronger classes that get the final results with less skill uses (Shurikens and Holy Swords, but also Lancers and some others, namely, would be my guess?) to lose less durability than the others. A very highly geared player will of course lose less regardless. Without knowing gear and damage (not damage stat, but actual damage being done), this wont be a complete comparison though; class and time taken to complete alone isn't enough

Chimera server - Catalyst guild - Retired

Sylver_Aura - Level 95 Wizard/Bard (since 2014) | Princess_Garnet - Level 86 Tachi (since 2015)

• Weapon durability goes down per use, although I don't know if these uses are determined by how many targets get hit, or merely by skill use as a single hit regardless. I also do not know if the amount it drops is static, or if it goes down more or less depending on certain factors (such as being weaker or stronger than the target(s), as one example). I wouldn't think any class directly loses durability more or less than any other class. However, certain classes that get the same results with less skill uses or players with greater gearing and damage done (not damage stat) will lose less durability compared to others, of course, since less "uses" are required. Without gathering more information than you are, I feel like you might get incomplete and incorrect conclusions from this.

The only input I can really give is that back in the Titan Root and Cadilla Felwood times (the original level 66 dungeons), I, as a Wizard, recall having to repair my weapon much more frequently during runs than a Ravager (by far the strongest class at the time) I was running with. The gearing between him and I wasn't too far apart, although he may have been a bit better geared than me at those times as well.

I'd expect the easier or stronger classes that get the final results with less skill uses (Shurikens and Holy Swords, but also Lancers and some others, namely, would be my guess?) to lose less durability than the others. A very highly geared player will of course lose less regardless. Without knowing gear and damage (not damage stat, but actual damage being done), this wont be a complete comparison though; class and time taken to complete alone isn't enough

I think you're right. Others have also pointed out to me what you say here. I designed the survey whilst having assumptions that I didn't realise I had, so the results might not be very useful after all.

A links directory for all Aura Kingdom guides and resources

tinyurl.com/akDirect

bit.ly/akDirect

• I can't test it at the moment, but I recall having to repair my bard's weapon much more frequently than my lancer/bow/necromancer. Most likely from ballad spamming.

Not sure if this helps at all. I do recall a similar thread existing on the old forums and there was a decent discussion going on in it, but sadly, it's gone now.

• I can't test it at the moment, but I recall having to repair my bard's weapon much more frequently than my lancer/bow/necromancer. Most likely from ballad spamming.

I believe Ballad shouldn't cost you any durability because you're not attacking anything. At least, if you stand there and use Ballad endlessly you will notice your durability never drops. You likely had to repair more because it's not as strong a class and takes more skills (requiring more hits thus costing more uses/durability) to get the same results done that stronger classes will in fewer skills.

Sylver_Aura - Level 95 Wizard/Bard (since 2014) | Princess_Garnet - Level 86 Tachi (since 2015)

• I believe Ballad shouldn't cost you any durability because you're not attacking anything. At least, if you stand there and use Ballad endlessly you will notice your durability never drops. You likely had to repair more because it's not as strong a class and takes more skills (requiring more hits thus costing more uses/durability) to get the same results done that stronger classes will in fewer skills.

I only ever played my bard in parties, never really solo'd with it. So idk if healing other people affects it?

• The heals most likely cost durability, potentially a lot (?). There's also a chance that Ballad can cost durability if either you're in combat and/or targeting and/or with enemies around when you use it (since it can draw their aggro)? I'm fairly sure my Bard would never lose weapon durability if I was, say, in Navea and just using Ballad a lot, although I could be wrong on that. It's been a while since I played or even had my Bard.

• After this discussion and others on discord, I understand that the common knowledge is that durability loss stems from individual hits and that classes who lose a lot of durability are classes whose skills or playstyle require a lot of hits. But sometimes this explanation doesn't quite add up to me, because as a Ravager I typically lose the least durability in my parties and yet Ravager does also have skills with many hits (bouncing Flame Slash and Spin). That is too anecdotal, but it makes me curious: what if different classes lose different durability from individual hits?

I did a test on the totem pole in Candeo where I intended to find out if hits lose equal durability across classes.

I took off gears except for a lvl1 weapon and auto-attacked the totem 100x on my Ravager and then did the same 100x on Necromancer. My Rav lost 3% durability and my Necro lost 2%.

These were very small numbers so I started to do the same test on a bigger scale. I auto-attacked the totem 1,000x on Ravager... which lost 3% durability, the same amount as 100x. I haven't yet done it again on my Necro because I'm so flummoxed by this result on its own. How can I lose 3% both for doing 100x or 1,000x? I may have missed something. Maybe my test was invalid in some way that I have not thought of, but I can't imagine how. I stripped my gears down, I counted my hits very carefully.

Any thoughts you guys have would be great because I am out of thoughts! xD

tinyurl.com/akDirect

bit.ly/akDirect

• Per your last tests, I don't have many thoughts, but there may indeed be some RNG involved, as sometimes I'll do something minor and notice a few points lost, and other times, none. Once you involve RNG, it can become very hard to test for other differences. There may also be behavior that auto attacks and/or certain things have different behaviors. I don't think durability behavior has ever been 100% explored, as it's a rather minor thing, but the one understood trend is that classes that require more for the same result, tend to lose more durability and need to repair often.

As for your Ravager not losing much durability compared to other classes, I know people exaggerate how far the Ravager has fallen, and I don't know why, probably because you have even more ridiculous classes that exist now and because the game "isn't melee friendly" supposedly anymore, but the Ravager is quite a powerful class still (I'd put it behind Lancer and Shuriken) and even if it has AOE capability (what class doesn't now?), it gets a lot done in those hits.

• Interesting, maybe I'll try to do some testing between classes.

Something I've found while searching around is that different tiers may reduce at different rates? So white vs blue vs green vs orange vs gold vs purple, although I can't confirm it. I'm also wondering if the actual amount of damage done affects the rate of decrease. Maybe it decreases faster in dungeons than in the field?

• I always thought that durability loss was not caused by use of skills/weapon but by the hits you take from monsters. This is however not true when hits on a totem pole, that won't hit back, also causes durability loss. My thoughts were based on the fact that the durability loss on my guard is always a lot more than my ravager and sorc. My sorc often doesn't lose any durability (ranged class, doesn't get hit often). Short version: if you don't get hit you won't loose durability. Because that mechanic is used in grand fantasia, were you have durability on armor too, this was the most logic conclusion that i could think of and never gave it any other thought.

Now I'm very curious to what realy causes durability loss and why it's different on different classes.

• IIRC from an old old post in the old forum, someone said the durability decreased by the amount of skill casting and auto attack. This explains ranged classes usually have their weapons break faster than melee and a noticeable durability drop when Rav receive the nerf to swift from Spin2win meta to one with more skills involved in a relative time.

But I guess there are more than that.

What's better than a cute loli? More cute lolis.

Gotta love this game.

• Don't mean to necro this thread, but I've got some info is OP is interested. It seems that all skills have a set amount of durability that they consume (whether it's over time or x durability per # of casts). Doesn't seem like this value is public, but in the class/skill revamp patch, for sorcerer one of the changes is for flame impact in which the durability consumption on the skill is being decreased. Just a fun bit of info, so I guess all skills reduce at a different amount/rate depending on their consumption value

• Don't mean to necro this thread, but I've got some info is OP is interested. It seems that all skills have a set amount of durability that they consume (whether it's over time or x durability per # of casts). Doesn't seem like this value is public, but in the class/skill revamp patch, for sorcerer one of the changes is for flame impact in which the durability consumption on the skill is being decreased. Just a fun bit of info, so I guess all skills reduce at a different amount/rate depending on their consumption value

That is very interesting to me! So they are not all one. I wish we had that list.

tinyurl.com/akDirect

bit.ly/akDirect