This guide is for level 90+ doolist/shuriken do some studying and read other guides, get a feel for doolist, don't expect to be OP overnight this takes time.
Hello, I'm Yukimura (IGN) from Chimera server and I've been playing doolist quite some time now. I wanted to make a guide to educate/learn from others so please feel free to carry me and teach this scrub how to play. (My grammar, punctuation, and typing, in general, is terrible. Sorry ahead of time).
BTW my move speed should be 242% but I forgot to switch to move speed Gaia emblem. (My bad)
Subclasses (The three subclasses I've played the most and longest)
(The classes here are with the orange mastery and my personal opinion)
- Shuriken - Provides good ranged dps, -12% defense or damage taken 3% stacks up to 6 times debuff, zeal procs because of crippling wind/shadow wind, and good but hard to use gap closer (beware it uses a chakra).
- Holy Sword - Great burst damage, provides good debuffs such as defense shred or damage taken 4% stacks up to 5 times , has great AOE, and good stun.
- Bard - Ballad skill 12% detailed damage, 9% move speed or defense -12%, has heals and great party buff move speed 10%.
Cons of Each Subclass and Why I Choose Shuriken
Shuriken - It can be hard to manage chakra on this sub, you have what i would consider no stuns at all, gap closer can be hard to get used to, and this sub highly depends on crippling wind/shadow wind (which sometimes misses).
Holy Sword - Charging moves in the middle of battle seems to ruin the flow for me and animations in between moves feel sluggish, move cool downs are long and don't deal consistent DPS.
Bard - Not enough DPS, no consistant DPS, and keeping healing stacks for buff ruins the flow when in battle.
Why I choose Shuriken Sub
I choose shuriken because of the consistent DPS. Chakra can be managed/recharged by the time you reach the next boss, defense shred on "shuriken toss + mastery dmg +11% is like killing two birds with one stone with the addition of shuriken storm dmg +10%. These moves have all of these benefits and don't cost any chakra that's amazing.
The crippling wind/shadow wind tornado procs zeal's including doolist's "Frenzied Blades" and "Frenzy" on doolist's envoy path, when paired with doolist's "Swift Assassination" on envoy path for the move "Swift Somersault" gives even more damage to the tornado (+70% damage to next attack). The ability to stun is a lost and can be hard to cope with but having an eidolon with a stun move can solve that issue.
Everything In this guide is with +30 fortified weapons and +20 on all armor/accessories (+25 on Holy Spirit's Battle Coat of The Blazing Night and +26 on Guzigla's Bloodied Tooth).
You shouldn't need nocturnal core because of doolist's envoy path "Bat Fang"
Future class balance will make doolist holy element. That's why holy element on doolist weapon is a good pick for "Future proofing"
All gears that need core to craft should be imperial cores except weapons and Theory of Time Travel Code (Cause it expensive for how long it will be used)
- Nalani's Lotus Blades should be crafted with protector core or deadly core and in holy element --------> When you hit lvl 95 try and get this in holy element ---------> Shadow Blade - Brighttooth Dual Blades
Nalani's Pure Lotus Shadow ----------> sub weapon should be destroyer core and storm element when crafting.
- All armor secret stones should be damage against dark elements +6% or higher and damage +2% what skills you want the secret stones for are up to you.
- Weapon secret stones should be lava secret stones and should be damage +2% and damage against dark elements +6% or higher (if you have RNG on thou side). I currently have crit damage +6% and damage against dark element +7% on my shuriken secret stone, I have good rolls on my doolist secret stone though.
I choose top set Holy Spirit because of the detail damage +12% on the set rather than detail damage +8% on Magic Sundering
- Holy Spirit's Hat of the Blazing Night
- Holy Spirit's Battle Coat of the Blazing Night ---------> Craft using darkness element for more resistance since most enemies in game are dark element
I went with Magic Sundering bottom set to build/cap crit and the buff "15% chance to trigger Demonic Voice, increasing your CRIT by 10% and CRIT DMG by 20% for 10 sec" and since you only lose 2% normal damage compared to Holy Spirit bottom set that was too good of an offer to pass up.
- Magic Sundering Gloves of the Abyss
- Magic Sundering Belt of the Abyss
- Magic Sundering Boots of the Abyss
Ultimate Accessories are a good choice because it adds "Damage Dealt to Elite Monsters +25%" which help you clean and finish the elites off easier rather than Splendid Galactic which increases "CRIT DMG to Elite Monsters +35%" which the crit damage should be capped already.
- Guzigla's Bloodied Tooth - is a must for it's "DMG dealt to Boss Monsters +6%" and "Damage dealt +5%" which is detailed damage
- If you haven't hit level 95 yet keep using Theory Time Travel Code Once you hit level 95 use -----------> Delfonia's Exquisite Earrings - I use for the "10% chance to trigger Focused Light, increasing the DMG of your next attack by 35%" and extra crit/speed rather than "Theory of Time Travel Code"
You should have two Gaia emblems a detail damage +8% and a move-speed +14% for when you wanna go zoom zoom (self explanatory for why you need) I also have a holy skills damage +14% Gaia emblem for class balance (More info on that in the future)
Costume enchants should should be these cards combined together and put on each costume piece for best results.
You combine both of these cards together before putting on the costume piece. You can also use the orange versions of the Premium Headgear Enchantment - HP since there are so many hats but if you wanna be fancy use gold card.
Hat - Premium Headgear Enchantment - HP + Damage to (random element) target +18% you need a hat for each element so 6 hats in total including violent (Example Enchantment Card: Damage Against Dark Target Mastery and violent hat enchament will be this one Enchantment Card: Damage Against Bosses Mastery)
I went with speed cards to make up for not using Splendid Galactic accessories (you lose about 3,000 speed) so in order to close the gap I choose speed rather than damage, eva, HP enchantment cards
- Enchantment cards for armor and accessories should be these stats damage, speed, and penetration.
Orange if you have funds Green if on budget
For weapons use lvl 70 move speed +9% with dual drive +8% put lowest speed dual drive card on main weapon and high move speed card on sub weapon
You can also use The orange lvl 80 cards with Pen +2% and move speed +7% with dual drive if you have funds
As long as you have Dual Drive its alright but the most ideal would be the cards stated above.
Both Dual Drive cards should have different speeds or they wont work VERY IMPORTANT
Mounts and Hats...
- You can find these element cards for the hats in the adventure encyclopedia for 3,000 normal dragon points each.
- If you have almighty mount use that for violent or daily mount.
- The mounts are found in Auction house or RNG re-roll gods.
- A good mount to get ahead of time is a Holy Skills Damage +30% for future class balance patch.
- You should have a mount for each element that says "damage against (put random element here) targets +30%".
- For violent enemies a damage +20% or Damage dealt +10% mount works as well depends on budget and prices of either mounts.
- You should have hat/s for each element that says damage against (put random element here) +18% and if you want to be fancy combine element cards with gold hp +3% card.
- Violent hat should be damage against boss monsters +10% (same with hp +3% as for element cards)
Before you call me a hacker if you want same path as me you need to spend like 20 minutes switching from guardian and gunslinger to get those two spots on the envoy path
I chose this path because I use deadly wink A LOT, this path allows me to get everything i need including the detail damage it provides and crit damage is a bonus I would honestly try out other paths and see if you like them but my playing-style goes along with this path.
Duelist mastery should be...
General skill - Sunfire Toss for dmg +11% buff I personally don't need what doolist has to offer for general skills mastery
Attack Spec - Orange/Gold Zeal
Advanced Skill - Crippling wind/Shadow Wind according to what party runs. For solo runs use Shadow Wind
Defense Spec - Orange Extreme Speed
Tactical Spec - Orange/Gold Break Defense
Special Skill - Orange Capoeria or Best Defense if you haven't capped defense yet
For now I am going with right side weapon mastery because of extra crit and damage but after class balance i might go left side (Testing still need to be done after class balance).
Points should be distributed according to needs but this is what I use currently. I capped speed 30/30 for the extra percent to trigger zeal proc rather than putting those points into fire, ice, lightning, and holy because fire/ice can be dealt with using holy chest and if you want you can move the points from dark to others if you wish since most of your damage to dark targets have been covered by the secret stones I mentioned above.