Response to Producer Live Stream

• Dear Aura Kingdom GM/PM/CM/AM/FM/AC?/DC? Team

Thank you so much for deciding to follow through on enforcing the terms and conditions that I agreed to upon joining this game in early February of 2014 and permanently suspended my account in 2017 pending review. I am pleased to inform you that despite my mild interest in getting my account back as was implied at the point of my initial suspension I now have no interest in doing so en light of this most recent PM announcement. Thank you so much for saving me the multitude of thousands of dollars I would have foolishly spent on your game with the intent of my investment mostly carrying through the game until I decided to no longer play it. Your continued and unflinching passion to drive AK's progression, economy, and overall enjoyment into the ground has made me so happy to have been suspended for the last year and some change. I thank you and everyone at Aeria sincerely and hope that under no circumstances do you unsuspend my account as doubtlessly my money would be better spent on a company with decent business management teams, sustainable profit model, and essentially isn't staffed entirely with howler monkeys.

Thank you for your services, your actions have lifted a great weight off my heart, I return to being ecstatic about my ban and encourage others to try the same.

-Rayne

ZuBGqQY.jpg

RayneeDay/Amenohi

Siren-Phoenix

Euphoria

The post was edited 1 time, last by RayneeDay ().

• I have no idea what is going on, but the person above me would clearly look more beautiful in a wedding dress!

Chimera server - Catalyst guild - Retired

Sylver_Aura - Level 95 Wizard/Bard (since 2014) | Princess_Garnet - Level 86 Tachi (since 2015)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sylver_Aura ().

• They're in process of removing <Superior Ability Transfer Scrolls 1-30> in-game, making them really expensive and pretty much exclusive to whales.

This is gonna backfire badly GJ making everyone unhappy except your pockets, this move is so aggressive and needlessly greedy

• They're in process of removing <Superior Ability Transfer Scrolls 1-30> in-game, making them really expensive and pretty much exclusive to whales.

This is gonna backfire badly GJ making everyone unhappy except your pockets, this move is so aggressive and needlessly greedy

where can I find info abt it?

Not that I'm defending the decision, but +30 itself pretty much already requires an insane amount, and even before that (which was... two years ago now?) they were locking the game up to spenders long, long before. It'll hurt the state of the game (well, nothing is really left to be honest?), but don't color me surprised at this.

Sylver_Aura - Level 95 Wizard/Bard (since 2014) | Princess_Garnet - Level 86 Tachi (since 2015)

• Not that I'm defending the decision, but +30 itself pretty much already requires an insane amount, and even before that (which was... two years ago now?) they were locking the game up to spenders long, long before. It'll hurt the state of the game (well, nothing is really left to be honest?), but don't color me surprised at this.

It's because whales aren't buying fort insanity promo (which is what kept +30 locked up behind paywall for 2 years counting) anymore they just transfer it to their next set and so on, they once never cared about the F2P players that grinded for months on end just to afford one +30 weapon main weapon.

Talk about milking it dry

• It's because whales aren't buying fort insanity promo (which is what kept +30 locked up behind paywall for 2 years counting) anymore they just transfer it to their next set and so on, they once never cared about the F2P players that grinded for months on end just to afford one +30 weapon main weapon.

Talk about milking it dry

Well, the "free to play mass that grinded and kept the game healthy from within" has honestly disappeared slowly but surely starting long ago and is likely all but gone by now. That's seemingly largely been replaced by the botting mass.

• At this point, I'm kinda like "mehh" to whatever they pull out. I don't have all the data they do, but I still believe most of the decisions will not make things any better, if not worse.

What's better than a cute loli? More cute lolis.

Gotta love this game.

• I don't play anymore because (apart of real life) with the time I could spend in game, I wasn't able to afford anything past +20 without spending real money I don't have.

You know how much I love this game and fought for it and defended Aeria's ideas but I can't find the will to do so anymore.

Bardock, really? +30 came out 2 years ago. You had time to create something new to get profit, instead you put a wall between +20 and +30 with that stupid fort insanity offer that keeps saving your butt again and again. Ability Transfer Scrolls don't damage in game's economy, it damages yours. You remove them so people have to pay for fort scrolls again when they get their new equipment.

Long good bye to free players, not even the LP shop revamp that should have come like half a year ago will save them.

You should learn how to focus on normal players instead of whales, and make those normal players want to spend on your game instead of building bigger walls.

L0vJ7MF.png

Chimera | Duelist / Sorcerer / Lancer

Discord | Nana#8417

• It's perfect timing with awakening not too far away

• I love you Nana

• It's perfect timing with awakening not too far away

If we just look ahead to the future at gears:

At minimum, people need the 95 crit + crit dmg cap set, for normal people that's not so much of an issue because most people kept their accessories +20 cause the scroll 3 bug doesn't work. For +30s however, this either means that they have to 1. Give Aeria more money to re +30 a full set of accessories, or suffer the stat loss of non-+30 accessories for the cdmg cap proc.

If we go into more details, looking at armor; we know that at this rate a lot of people have a set of holy spirit, either full or w/e but most people +21'd it. This means that for awakening, when you need moonlight bottom, a casual player with +21 is going to have to re +20 a full bottom set or waste all the gold on transfer scrolls. Same idea for +30 people, they either have to fully refort a whole set to +30 or just suffer without +30 or waste the 45k-60k on transfer scrolls and then re-+30 from there.

In the extreme future, people won't be able to use new ele trophies because no one will want to drop that much money to +30 a full set, most people will still barely be able to afford 1 at this rate.

It's just a really shitty change because it doesn't just screw over f2p people, but it also makes whales suffer. This change helped literally no one, even if they fully revamp the LP mall to try and help the f2p's it's pointless unless they make unlimited scrolls for 1 lp a piece, because at that rate that's what it's gonna take to save people.

Daybreak - 95 - Gunslinger

SoonTM - 90 - Shuriken

ChubbyBird - 90 - Sorc

Pachimari - 90 - Lancer

Snow Vice

Hydra Phoenix

• If we just look ahead to the future at gears:

At minimum, people need the 95 crit + crit dmg cap set, for normal people that's not so much of an issue because most people kept their accessories +20 cause the scroll 3 bug doesn't work. For +30s however, this either means that they have to 1. Give Aeria more money to re +30 a full set of accessories, or suffer the stat loss of non-+30 accessories for the cdmg cap proc.

If we go into more details, looking at armor; we know that at this rate a lot of people have a set of holy spirit, either full or w/e but most people +21'd it. This means that for awakening, when you need moonlight bottom, a casual player with +21 is going to have to re +20 a full bottom set or waste all the gold on transfer scrolls. Same idea for +30 people, they either have to fully refort a whole set to +30 or just suffer without +30 or waste the 45k-60k on transfer scrolls and then re-+30 from there.

In the extreme future, people won't be able to use new ele trophies because no one will want to drop that much money to +30 a full set, most people will still barely be able to afford 1 at this rate.

It's just a really shitty change because it doesn't just screw over f2p people, but it also makes whales suffer. This change helped literally no one, even if they fully revamp the LP mall to try and help the f2p's it's pointless unless they make unlimited scrolls for 1 lp a piece, because at that rate that's what it's gonna take to save people.

We'll just be getting more fort insanity promos to justify it in order to show that it's not that bad without transfers, or they'll tank the superior prices with more paras like during poc. Whichever comes first. Either way, 100% agree that it helps no one

• It became clear long ago the only thing Aeria cares about now is the bottom line, even at the cost of the game's health and long-term potential/survival chances. Why worry about player happiness when you have such a high turnover rate you can just convert more newer players into spenders?

They have always targeted the top end; that is nothing new as it's been the strategy since day one in 2014 (or late 2013 if you're counting beta), and even back then they were hiccups (+20 was monetized almost as bad though we're fast to forget, accessory fortification was more so, the level 70/75 weapon fiasco, there were bad GSes back then too), but things changed drastically in 2016 (vote for your eidolon event disappeared, level 80 restructure accessibility was the first sign with those dumb flash sales, +30 monetized way more than accessory fortification, that silly level curve adjustment, level 90 restructure solutions repeating the level 80 ones, botting has become so rampant, and worst of all, the population mass which kept the game active and healthy died [what remains fall mostly into that botting category, the big spenders, or both], oh, and add removal of things now too I guess to that list, etc.).

It's a shame, too, if they would have taken a more balanced approach, it could be big still AND have those new players coming in. If people would stop begging to have the chance to throw hundreds of dollars at Aeria during fortification insanity events for a feature over two years old (and ironically, some of the same people complaining at the state of the game, do this), then maybe they wouldn't turn a blind eye to the complaints. Aeria only looks at their bottom line. I hate to blame the victim here, but vote with your money or they won't hear it. Now everything is locked up behind time limited spend sales, or seemingly being removed entirely.

As I heard from trustful sources they're going to add another Ability Transfer Scroll 21-30. This item can will be like These Superior one except of one thing: Your stuff can lose up to 10 fortification. If this is going to happen, it'll be so annoying to fortify your weapon again.

• As I heard from trustful sources they're going to add another Ability Transfer Scroll 21-30. This item can will be like These Superior one except of one thing: Your stuff can lose up to 10 fortification. If this is going to happen, it'll be so annoying to fortify your weapon again.

What's your trustworthy source because I've never heard of that

• Well we're going to see about that.

I think that this could be true because having no transfer scrolls in the game would be very stupid

I think your "source" is trolling you. This is probably the item that, whoever it is, is referring to Japanese version of the enhanced transfer volume

I highly doubt we'll be seeing this item. And generally when an item is "banned" it tends not to show up.

• They won't bring that in the near future. AKDB collects all the items from all the official servers, that's all.

L0vJ7MF.png

Discord | Nana#8417

• well, at this rate we just need to wait server shutdown.

Aeria still didnt realized cause of their greediness they hurt the game (or maybe they already realized it but being ignorant), now many ppl quit even casher now. +30 paywall has been 2 years+, now removing transfer scroll. I believe the transfer scroll didnt hurt the Aeria's economy, it just Aeria being too greedy and Aeria only think they only can make profit from sup scroll, while they can make another idea how to make money instead of this stupid decision

• I am not activ on the international server, so maybe things are here different as on the german server, but i don't think these scrolls are part of the problem why the economy is hurting. They are just a pain in the ass for Aeria because without them they think they can make more money.

First: These scrolls were available nearly since the beginning of the game, they were part of the original game design. Before +30 you always had the choice: transfer or redo the item from the beginning. It was a bit cheaper to use the scrolls but you lost your precious item you could have used on your twinks. So i had several items upped to +20. It was not very cheap to up to +20 but it was affordable (because you could use +10,+15,+18, +18/19 and +20 scrolls).

After they implemented +30, they never released the +25 and +30 scrolls and kept the whole thing behind a huge paywall (same goes with other things: it takes more and more time before eidolons are getting accessable in the paragon tables and the rates are getting wrose with every new eidolon , also the points you need to buy them in the shop are now 1000 per fragment, a year ago they were 500) .

The only way to get to +30 are the Superior Scrolls. And the rate to get with them to +30 is insane (most of my items were at 100 potential on every step of the way), with these scrolls Aeria basicly robbed the community blind.... Also from time to time they had these limited shop-offers to buy enough scrolls for +30 - they gave you 300 of them, so even Aeria said "To get for sure to +30 you need 300 scrolls". On the german server thats 1 goldcap per item.

So know they are saying : well you invested hunderts of € for every +30 item, wouldn't it be a shame if you have to redo this every time we release new content? But we like you guys soooooooooo much, thats exactly what we will do.

And now they are wondering why a lot of people won't (or even can't) play this game anymore?

Aura Kingdom was always much more expenisve as other games and for a full geared +30 character with the newest eidolons you had to invest enough money to buy a very nice car. But now i think this is a breaking point for the game, people just can't afford to put in extra 1.000-2.000 € very time new equipment will be released (in other games you normally have the possiblity to sell your old stuff, but here nearly everyting is non tradable).

Also i think is is simply not true that the economy is not controllable with 1-30 scrolls out there, it was controllable for the 1-20 scrolls, also the PM controls the probablity in the paragon tables, so of course he can control how many of these scrolls are flooding the market.

I think whats killing the economy are some other decission which were not very clever:

- Gold-Buying is a huge problem and nobody is doing anything against them. On the german server there a people willing to buy up to 500-800k ruby coins, and evyerbody knows where this gold is coming from. So ruby coin prices are 100-150% more expensive as 9-12 months ago.

- Also there are more and more premium and deluxe paragon tables, and the items in these paragons are more and more like normal items with normal rate. So not only the prices for ruby coins are doubled , you also need at least 100% more coints for the same output as before.

- The are destroying systematicly the prices of rate items (like the mastery box or the 95 secret tower boxes).

- Superior Scrolls in the sale are not tradeable, nobody is in the mood to invest a lot of money for things he can't sell

- They give us the impression that the don't really care about the game. For example the loayality point shop has no update since at least 18 months, (as example 25k loyality points for 1x L85 orange potion every week - even seeing this is giving me cancer), you can guy nothing with for gold dp , or that they are doing a crappy stream instead of releasing PM letters as before, buggy world bosses with crappy drops are not fixed since at least 12 months....

I could go on for hours, but add all of these points together and you understand why a lot of non-spenders quit the game and also a lot of big-spenders are playing now other games. And Aerias solution? They make everything even more expensive...

• So know they are saying : well you invested hunderts of € for every +30 item, wouldn't it be a shame if you have to redo this every time we release new content? But we like you guys soooooooooo much, thats exactly what we will do.

German aren't supposed to be funny at all.

No offense. It's a meme.

What's better than a cute loli? More cute lolis.

Gotta love this game.

• Well of course you got a point. Obviously the economy didn't sink for a single bad decision.

The scroll thing has been the last straw.

I must say gold buying was being worked 2 years ago when a GM bothered enough to work on that, but then he was moved to another game. But what can you do, when usually the biggest gold buyers are also your biggest cashers?

Bad management and bad decisions have been going on since long ago now. It's gonna be hard to fix. Most probably, they won't be able to.

L0vJ7MF.png

Discord | Nana#8417

• dont forget they also modify the fortify system potential reset, and now they remove the sup transfer scroll then they want us to fort from 0..

• The think is : I played a lot of games over the years and yes there were some games where the adminds tolerated it if they saw whales using bots to make their life easier but i never heard in any game that whales are guying ingame currency. Normally as whale you have everyting ingame, your like a semi-god, there is simply no need to guy gold.

So Aura Kingdom must be so expensive, that even whales can't afford everything and must cheat (guy gold) to have it all. So it always comes back to bad business decisions.

• The think is : I played a lot of games over the years and yes there were some games where the adminds tolerated it if they saw whales using bots to make their life easier but i never heard in any game that whales are guying ingame currency. Normally as whale you have everyting ingame, your like a semi-god, there is simply no need to guy gold.

So Aura Kingdom must be so expensive, that even whales can't afford everything and must cheat (guy gold) to have it all. So it always comes back to bad business decisions.

It's not because the game is so expensive, it's because buying through 3rd parties tends to be cheaper on average. So the whales cash for the sake of getting exclusive things such as eidolons, and buy gold for their gear and other non-premium needs. I've seen this happen in quite a few games since people tend to view it as easier.

• It became clear long ago the only thing Aeria cares about now is the bottom line, even at the cost of the game's health and long-term potential/survival chances. Why worry about player happiness when you have such a high turnover rate you can just convert more newer players into spenders?

They have always targeted the top end; that is nothing new as it's been the strategy since day one in 2014 (or late 2013 if you're counting beta), and even back then they were hiccups (+20 was monetized almost as bad though we're fast to forget, accessory fortification was more so, the level 70/75 weapon fiasco, there were bad GSes back then too), but things changed drastically in 2016 (vote for your eidolon event disappeared, level 80 restructure accessibility was the first sign with those dumb flash sales, +30 monetized way more than accessory fortification, that silly level curve adjustment, level 90 restructure solutions repeating the level 80 ones, botting has become so rampant, and worst of all, the population mass which kept the game active and healthy died [what remains fall mostly into that botting category, the big spenders, or both], oh, and add removal of things now too I guess to that list, etc.).

It's a shame, too, if they would have taken a more balanced approach, it could be big still AND have those new players coming in. If people would stop begging to have the chance to throw hundreds of dollars at Aeria during fortification insanity events for a feature over two years old (and ironically, some of the same people complaining at the state of the game, do this), then maybe they wouldn't turn a blind eye to the complaints. Aeria only looks at their bottom line. I hate to blame the victim here, but vote with your money or they won't hear it. Now everything is locked up behind time limited spend sales, or seemingly being removed entirely.

And such is the life of a f2p game they slowly turn p2w over the coruse of its life kinda like Empires in a way they begin they live lots of people get goggled up by it then it dies leaving a legacy of torment or praise (given what empire youre talking about)

What all guards wanna be :AK19::AK19::AK19:

• dont forget they also modify the fortify system potential reset...

Remember when the supposed reasoning for this was because fortification scrolls would be more accessible? I'd say, my oh how the times have changed, but even back then they were made inaccessible too, so really it's always been like this even during the supposed early golden years (just, you know... the pay-walled period of time did eventually lessen and end after, what, four to six months, and didn't instead linger for what's going to soon be two and counting years only to be followed with signs they're removing other features to monetize it even more).

• Remember when the supposed reasoning for this was because fortification scrolls would be more accessible? I'd say, my oh how the times have changed, but even back then they were made inaccessible too, so really it's always been like this even during the supposed early golden years (just, you know... the pay-walled period of time did eventually lessen and end after, what, four to six months, and didn't instead linger for what's going to soon be two and counting years only to be followed with signs they're removing other features to monetize it even more).

But is it even a surprise?

• *shrugs*

While I've been playing games for a while, this is my first real MMO game as well as my first Aeria game, so I didn't know what to expect initially. I was always put off from getting into MMOs because of up to three things mostly; recurring subscription costs, horrendously slow rate of progression (I say this as someone about as far from wanting instant gratification as anyone, too, but MMOs are just way too slow and way too high on time demands on the premise of keeping you playing and thus potentially paying), and/or so much impossible RNG. Combined, these three things made the time spent on one of games of the genre seem so far less rewarding than literally every other game genre ever, so I just enjoyed the many other games I did instead.

Then, along came Aura Kingdom. I found it one day in mid 2014 and liked the visual style and it seemed casual and promising enough, and the lack of a subscription cost at least made me give it a try. Casual, accessible, and yet still good MMOs (bonus points if it's at least relatively balanced too which few seem to be) seem to be once in a Blue moon thing or even rarer, so even though it had it's issues and mostly turned into all three things I am turned off by in the genre, it was fun for a long time regardless, and I met some incredible people!

• Huge thing is happening: since this whole producer livesteam thinggy the german server is totally dead. at 8 in the evening you think from the whole activity you see it must be 8 in the morning. currently nearly nobody is activ, i don't know if someone organized it but seems that this livestream had a real impact.