PM Letter - September 2018

• Dear players!

How is it going? Here is your PM Bardock, about to drop some lines concerning the latest news in our beloved game, Aura Kingdom! Long time without a letter of this kind, since last time I decided to go again with the Video Producer live letter.

Some things have changed since then! After the last patch, that we have just released, some updates have been implemented.

The first one, you see immediately when you login to AK. We have implemented a Login Rewards system. Don’t forget to login every day to get free rewards! … and through the Login Rewards system you will be able to obtain Benkei! An exclusive new Eidolon that will be only obtainable like this!

Another update, and not a small one… We have finally done a full class balancing in the whole game. This has been an open topic for ages and finally, we are very glad and proud to announce that all the necessary adjustments have been done to have a fairer and, overall, funnier game in which no matter which class you decide to start your adventure… you will always have big chances to be the best! You can read all the details in the last Patch Note.

This also makes the PvP more interesting! Have you tried it recently? There have been several changes to make it more exciting! And fun! and competitive! And a bit laggy! Ermmmh..… yes, we know. We are currently working on this with XL in order to fix it. They are facing the same issues in their server, so we hope to have a fix on this soon!

We also tried to tackle a big topic in the community for the past months related to the Fortifications... We have listened you, read your feedback, and thought about the best solution. As a conclusion, we have added Superior Fortification Scrolls in the Loyalty Points shop! Fortify and Enjoy!

That is a good opportunity to remind you that your feedback is very important to us. We cannot always apply exactly what the community wants, but we always take your worries and suggestions into account. So don’t hesitate to contact GSs or CMs to provide useful and (if possible) constructive feedback! We all together are part of Aura Kingdom!

And events, events… the academic year has just started for many people. One thing I really liked when I started school again, was to play the trading card games and collecting them… Based on that we created the Academy Collection Event that many people are currently enjoying. Collect the costumes, trade them, change them, and win!

But that is not the only event! We will be present at the MAG Convention in Erfurt (Germany)! There, you will have the chance to meet CM Danmaku, to participate in a drawing and cosplay contest, to check out our concept art book… and you might even win one of these exclusive decks of cards! ^^

deckofAK.png

So, to sum up this big bible/letter here, I have a really good feeling for this start of the Academic Year. We now have a game fully updated and enjoyable (and balanced!) that promises tons of hours of fun!

After so much writing I feel like playing again… and Eirene is waiting for me already there… ^^

See you in Aura Kingdom!

Best,

PM Bardock.

Product Manager of Aura Kingdom

bardockmini.JPG

• wow I've genuinely only see this much text with nothing said in presidential election campaigns, with your proficiency in the bullshit dispensing department your talents are clearly wasted at aeria, ever consider a career in politics?

ZuBGqQY.jpg

RayneeDay/Amenohi

Siren-Phoenix

Euphoria

• Why do you guys even bother with pvp? Like we get all you care about is money, that's obvious with the transfer scrolls, and pvp is the biggest source of +30s ... but it's a pointless thing to focus on. So many other aspects of the game suffer while all you talk about it how great pvp is gonna be in the future! You know what would be a great aspect of the game? Making it so people don't have to drop gold caps and thousands of dollars just to stay relevant.

Daybreak - 95 - Gunslinger

SoonTM - 90 - Shuriken

ChubbyBird - 90 - Sorc

Pachimari - 90 - Lancer

Snow Vice

Hydra Phoenix

• I think the last months were a great success:

- As soon as the new content is out, Aeria is able to triple the prices for every +30 item

- Population decreased about ~ 66%, Aeria is able to rent cheaper servers and the PM has less work to do.

- Nearly all ingame farm-items massivly pushed thorugh paragon: Players have much more free time, because there is nothing to do ingame.

- Ruby Coin prices up about ~ 20% every month, so entry barrier is getting higher by the month. Keeps anoying noobs from playing the game. Less work for GS.

• what are you talking about? farm-items in paragon? give some examples because I didn't see them, did I miss it?

ruby coins prices increasing? are you serious? we are having that bogo promotion very often, contrary to what you say, the prices decrease!

me personally,, Im happy because I can get now the sup scroll with loyalty points, no need money cactuar

• hmm 2k ruby is 3,7k gold 5k ruby is 7,5k gold :thinking: im not sure its decrease O.o it was around same price maybe (around) 1 month ago 2k ruby for around 2k-2,2k gold and 5k Ruby is 5-5,3k gold :rolleyes: :AK10:

• Well, so it seems increasing prices is not a problem on the international server. On the german server we have a 20% inflation every month in ruby coin prices.

Farm-items? How about the Advanved Secret Stone Potions, the Secret Stone Box for Weapons, the Mastery Box III, the 95 SR Boxes. Apart from the new 95 set there is no point in farming at all because its much cheapter to get it in the paragon.

• No, price IS a problem in the international servers. The RC : gold ratio was 1:0.7 2 months ago and now it's sitting at 1:1.1 or worse.

This is not a good sign as it seems the whole game economy and activeness is depended mostly on paragon because a lot people (me included) only show up for paragon to get items for cheap. But what else then? The game itself is rather unmotivated with little reward for time spent grinding.

The PVP is somewhat better, but not all that well. Cent is too slow paced and still unbalanced with most of the players just choose to go Bard-like class. Most of people still only do it once every 2 weeks for the reward and then pretend it doesn't exist anyway.

About the forts, it looks nice when you guys finally lower the wall but without the Transfer, it doesn't look very bright to me.

And yeah, this letter is not very informative too.

What's better than a cute loli? More cute lolis.

Gotta love this game.

• That Aura Kingdom deck of cards is honestly the most exciting part of this. It's a shame it's not widely available (?).

Chimera server - Catalyst guild - Retired

Sylver_Aura - Level 95 Wizard/Bard (since 2014) | Princess_Garnet - Level 86 Tachi (since 2015)

• Making the super fortification forts available in the LP shop wasn't that big of a chance in the current state of the game, it is still very disappointing, the current state of the game.It wouldn't bring back the old players or attract new players, in the long run you are just losing more and more. Instead of removing the transfer scrolls you could have added LP in certain dungeons (like the dungeons that give dragon points) and make the scrolls accessible with LP so you wouldn't have to pay caps to stay up-to-date. Also about the revamped centurion..holy vs evil. I liked the old centurion better, I might be one of the few, but I would love to see the old centurion added back in-game. More (maybe balanced?) PvP like centurion is always fun.

• It wouldn't bring back the old players or attract new players, in the long run you are just losing more and more.

As an old player, honestly, Aeria could freely give me +30 for every piece of gear, ever, for the rest of the life of the game, and I still would not come back. The reason is because the game is infested with player botting, and dungeons are dead anyway too. At the current LP cost, and with a limit per week, they are barely what I'd consider accessible though, especially for a feature two years old.

Chimera server - Catalyst guild - Retired

Sylver_Aura - Level 95 Wizard/Bard (since 2014) | Princess_Garnet - Level 86 Tachi (since 2015)

• As an old player, honestly, Aeria could freely give me +30 for every piece of gear, ever, for the rest of the life of the game, and I still would not come back. The reason is because the game is infested with player botting, and dungeons are dead anyway too. At the current LP cost, and with a limit per week, they are barely what I'd consider accessible though, especially for a feature two years old.

I mean, I am an old player myself, who still plays the game (not actively). If they made 30+ more accessible I know some players would come back, but yeah I see where you are coming from. Aeria is like 1~2 years behind the TW server, all they care about is making money. So nothing will really change. They cant ban the botters because they will lose the majority of the players. Dungeons are in a poor state too like you mentioned, everything is just so repetitive that makes it extremely boring to run. At the end of the day all you can do is slack in navea or some other map (what the majority of AK does already) or just log off.