Lancer is top #1 DPS right now even after the so called nerf and I’ll try to give a brief explanation & possible optimizations for this specific class from my experiences playing it.
I’ll skip the basic game mechanisms, but in case you’re new; refer to Desparae’s guide and some basic info:
- [Guide] Optimizing PvE DPS.
- [Info] Basics of Elementals.
- Lancer main elemental damage is Dark.
- Critical damage cap is 315% (+15% from envoy).
- Attack speed cap is 74%.
It goes without saying that Shuriken is the best sub for every DPS classes as it provides def shred/dmg taken debuff and does decent damage burst. Shadow Assault can be used as a gap closer although this isn’t really necessary as Lancer has its own spammable gap closer. Using both of these gap closer skills efficiently can save you 3 - 5 seconds to reach the boss. I won’t be covering about Dungeon Pathing in this guide but the idea is to make use of certain mobs positions as gap closer and find fastest possible path to optimize your overall clear time.
Holy Sword is great for mobs management, flat def-shred, and sunderance jump. But personally I’ll go for Shuriken for damage wise so I’ll be focusing on Shuriken sub on this guide.
Bard grants movespeed for zumzum and extra dmg details. Bard is only viable if you are full +30 and overgeared. If 1x Hymn of Doom is enough to melt a boss, stacking movespeed is better in this case. UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMEONE WITH +30 TO CARRY YOU 24/7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
I’ll start with lvl 80 and up cuz main quests give you enough lvl to reach that point.
Lvl 80 - 89
- Get full Lordswrath set, and craft dem all Imperials. I’d like to emphasize that movement speed is important. Faster movement = faster clear dungeon time. Don’t be a dead weight to your party. Generally, 250% mspd is minimal requirement nowadays.
- Craft destroyer and nocturnal Lvl 80 weapons. Dark weapon for your main, and Storm for your Shuriken sub (Lightning if Bard sub)
- Get lvl 80 PvP Lancer weapon for running. It gives 10% movespeed.
- As for the trophies, get imperial guzigla, bestial time travel and imperial noripan. Imperial Noripan will be used for running.
- Accessories. Imperial Arcane Frost if you have low eidolon prayers and titles stats (especially newcomers). Otherwise Imperial Perfect War which has slight more advantages for those with decent prayer/title/story stats primarily because of DMG against elite and higher damage base.
- Top set: Imperial Blazing top Set
- Bottom set: Imperial Magic Sundering bottom set; this is really useful for Time Library and future awakening patch which translates overcapped crit to crit damage cap increase. The other option, Holy Spirit, is mostly for those who cash hard and really have high stats, or full +30; they benefit from those extra stats and do not require anymore crit/spd, and also get more higher damage base and slight damage detail increase.
- Craft destroyer and nocturnal Lvl 90 weapons. Dark weapon for your main, and Storm for your Shuriken sub (Lightning if Bard sub)
- Preferably nocturnal core on your sub weapon so that you can use gold weapon for your main weapon in the future. Lvl 95 weapons gives higher dmg base which is good generally for party runs, and considering that recent and upcoming high-end dungeons bosses have really high defense to the point that you can’t shred it, so it’s gucci.
- Get lvl 90 PvP Lancer weapon for running. It gives 12% movespeed.
- Accessories: Imperial Fearless Set or Splendid Set, whichever suits your needs. There will be 95 gold accessories which increase your crit damage cap. Switch to this when it arrives, if ever.
- Trophies: Guzigla as your main trophy. Time Travel is still good but there are few alternatives that can do better in some dungeons.
- Wind Spirit Feather: This is better than Time Travel for def-shredable dungeons such as Shattered Netherworld or Chronowood Cavern or lower level dungeons.
- Delfonia Trophy: Time Travel replacement for higher dungeons, that is if you’re lvl 95+
Emblems and common stuff
- Emblems: Get all dmg against elemental emblems, as well dark dmg emblem for violent bosses and a 14% mspd emblem for running.
- Hats: Same, get dmg against elemental hats enchants, dmg against boss for violent bosses.
- Mount: Lvl 3. Dark DMG mount.
- Holy Chests: Nazrudin / Zaahir’s to boost dmg against Ice and Fire targets.
7% cdmg & 8% dual drive for your main weapon with PEN stat
(dun need mspd cuz pvp lancer wep for running)
7% mspd enchant & 8% dual drive for your sub weapon w/ PEN stat
DMG enchants w/ PEN on armors/accessories etc.
- Hats: Elemental hats, boss dmg hat enchants as previously mentioned
- Face: Frozen Lance +5
- Costume: CDMG against elite 50%
- Weapon: Sacrificial Lance +5
2% dmg detail is must have, second stat would be 6% cdmg or elemental dmg if you already have reached cap cdmg (315% is cap for lancer)
- Lava stones for main weapon and sub
- Frozen Lance Range
- Infernal Exile Duration
- Sacrificial Lance CD
- Rest can be any tbh
- General Skill: Merciless Soul Strangler (or Storm Song / Refrain of Paradise if bard sub)
- Atk. Spec: Zeal
- Adv. Skill: Deadly Ditty or Funerary Dirge
- Defense Spec: Extreme Speed
- Special Skill: Deep Blue or Best Defense
Activate Soul Reincarnation buff when trying to allocate your stats points and take dungeon stats debuff into account.
Buff yourself with Shuriken or Holy Sword buff if that's your sub class.
Ideally, you want to reach 50% speed and 90% crit rate first then you can invest in DMG.
Lancer has low crit rate in idle by default, try to reach the desired primary stats before investing in DMG.
If you are using end-game gears, you could spend 99 points to DMG and the rest of the points to speed for extra zeal chance.
This is applicable only if you have atleast 90% crit and 50% speed with all buffs/debuffs taken into considerations.
Make sure you're at 80% DEF, then remaining points for HP.
This is the ideal envoy for lancer. Switch to GS sub to skip few tiles and take ult, then switch back to your preferred sub.
Some dungeons easily break Mark Protection’s shield, while others don’t. In this case you can sacrifice left mspd tile and use Mark Protection to your preference.
Lancer dark path is the left one. List ordered by priority:
- 15 to mspd
- 20 to dmg against all elements except storm and holy
- 30 to dmg
- Remaining points go to crit dmg, speed, or crit rate
Either Yumikaze, Hel or Verdandi. They all provide 4s stun which is most important.
Yumikaze has AoE stun, def shred trophy, flat def shred and some dmg buff.
Hel gives flat def shred. Verdandi has nocturnal and nice cleanse.
Reroll one of those to 25% ATK SPD and 45% Dark DMG for your main dps eido, 25% ATK SPD is essential to cap your attack speed and smoother gameplay.
Get a 15% mspd cleo or tiger for running for zumzum, 25% ATK SPD is optional in this case.
If you don't have the luxury to reroll yet, Yarnaros with the default buffs still works fine.
Food & Drink
Dreamy Heaven + Royal Jelly Tea best
Whenever a Lancer skill is used, a Mark of Fire or Mark of Ice will appear on the stone tablet. The stone tablet is visible on the UI and is linked to the skill Mark's Awakening. Once there are three marks on the tablet, a special skill can be used depending on the combination:
Three Fire summons: Blood Lance - Soul Reincarnation
You need to cast this before any bosses. This one is really OP buff.
Two Fire and one Ice summons: Demon Lance - Hymn of Doom
One or two casts of these are enough to melt a boss.
There are other two skills but they’re practically useless:
One Fire and two Ice summons: Thunder Lance - Sudden Death (nerfed).
Three Ice summons: Soul Lance - Divine Frost.
Things to remember
Skills that give you Ice Runes:
- Frozen Lance: Your gap closer for zumzum.
- Demolition Lance: Yummy instant flat def shred.
- Lightning Strike
Skills that give you Fire Runes:
- Sacrificial Lance: Ez fire rune summon.
- Infernal Exile: Spam on random mobs, it can be used for boss (30% crit received chance on left mastery) if you REALLY lack crit rate although it's best to have enough idle crit so you won't have to cast this on boss and reduce kill time.
- Soul Strangler: One second cooldown. Spammable Dark damage (20% received lancer dmg debuff on left mastery).
Running through mobs
Wear your mspd set: PvP weapon, noripan, mspd emblem, and tiger/cleo eidolon. Apply 20% mspd cleo/tiger buff. As you run towards to the boss, collect 3x Fire Runes. This can be done by spamming Sacrificial Lance or casting Infernal Exile on random mobs. Cast Soul Reincarnation then get 1x Ice Rune (Frozen Lance or Lightning Strike) from mobs and 2x Fire Rune (Sacrificial Lance or Infernal Exire) JUST before the boss to prepare your Hymn of Doom. Do note that Soul Reincarnation only lasts 11 seconds hence this requires proper timing and correct skill order.
Arriving at boss, start switching main weapon, your emblems and hats according to the boss elemental attribute and use your DPS eidolon/trophy. Assuming that you use Shuriken sub; start off by casting Razor Wind, Hymn of Doom follows up next. Start preparing for your next Hymn whilst dpsing the boss, spam Soul Strangler (1s cd) two times and cast Demolition Lance / Lightning Strike to get another Ice Rune that should give you enough runes to cast another Hymn. Rinse and repeat till boss dies.
Any input/suggestions or questions are welcome.