Dark Lancer PvE Guide

• Intro

Lancer is top #1 DPS right now even after the so called nerf and I’ll try to give a brief explanation & possible optimizations for this specific class from my experiences playing it.

I’ll skip the basic game mechanisms, but in case you’re new; refer to Desparae’s guide and some basic info:

Sub Weapon

Class Pros Cons
    Shuriken Razor Wind Burst
    Shadow Assault for gap closing, and most useful in SN/CC
    Shuriken Storm 10% detail dmg
    Lvl 75 Snowflakes/PvP wep for movespeed
    CDMG buff on Lvl 90 wep
    No stun
    Poor mobs management
    Holy Sword Dragon Slayer def-shred (combined with Demolition lance roughly ~9k def)
    Stun on Charged Divine Sunderance
    Huge gap closing ability
    Smiter's Edge detail dmg 10%, also great for mobs management
    CDMG buff on Lvl 90 wep
    CDMG buff on sLvl 1 wep, best if you aren't fully geared (refer to awakening guide here)
    No movespeed boofs
    Bard People choose this mainly because of the movespeed bonus
    Ballad 12% detail dmg
    Ambient Drone stun
    Microstacking ballad in 2k19?
    Poor mobs management
    Less burst unless you're full +30
    Bow BoTW Zeals
    Speed buffs
    Movespeed on lvl 75 Scarlet Falcon for running
    No stun
    Poor mobs management
    Long cooldown on BoTW

I’ll start with lvl 80 and up cuz main quests give you enough lvl to reach that point.

Lvl 80 - 89

• Get full Lordswrath set, and craft dem all Imperials. I’d like to emphasize that movement speed is important. Faster movement = faster clear dungeon time. Don’t be a dead weight to your party. Generally, 250% mspd is minimal requirement nowadays.
    • Craft destroyer and nocturnal Lvl 80 weapons. Dark element for your main weapon is a must.
    • Get lvl 80 PvP Lancer weapon for running. It gives 10% movespeed.
    • As for the trophies, get imperial guzigla, bestial time travel and imperial noripan. Imperial Noripan will be used for running.
    • Accessories. Imperial Arcane Frost if you have low eidolon prayers and titles stats (especially newcomers). Otherwise Imperial Perfect War which has slight more advantages for those with decent prayer/title/story stats primarily because of DMG against elite and higher damage base.

Lvl 90+

• Top set: Imperial Blazing top Set
    • Bottom set: Imperial Magic Sundering bottom set; this is really useful for Time Library and future awakening patch which translates overcapped crit to crit damage cap increase. The other option, Holy Spirit, is an arguably decent set before the awakening crit meta if you want that 2% extra dmg detail and some boss cdmg. I would recommend to use the former option for long term use, unless you have the funds to transfer Holy Spirit +forts to Magic Sundering when awakening comes.
    • Craft destroyer and nocturnal Lvl 90 weapons. Dark element for your main weapon is a must.
    • Preferably nocturnal core on your sub weapon so that you can use gold weapon for your main weapon in the future. Lvl 95 weapons are better than Lvl 90 regardless of their effects, this is mainly due to 10% primary dmg being better than 10% boss damage (this is assuming your boss damage doesn't suck and have atleast 90%).
    • Get lvl 90 PvP Lancer weapon for running. It gives 12% movespeed.
    • Accessories: Imperial Fearless Set or Splendid Set, whichever suits your needs. There will be 95 gold accessories which increase your crit damage cap. Switch to this when it arrives.
    • Trophies: Guzigla as your main trophy. Time Travel is still good but there are few alternatives that can do better in some dungeons.
      • Wind Spirit Feather: This is better than Time Travel for def-shredable dungeons such as Shattered Netherworld or Chronowood Cavern or lower level dungeons.
      • Delfonia Trophy: Time Travel replacement for higher dungeons, that is if you’re lvl 95+

Emblems and common stuff

• Emblems: Get all dmg against elemental emblems, as well dark dmg emblem for violent bosses and a 14% mspd emblem for running.
    • Hats: Same, get dmg against elemental hats enchants, dmg against boss for violent bosses.
    • Mount: Lvl 3. Dark DMG mount.
    • Holy Chests: Nazrudin / Zaahir’s to boost dmg against Ice and Fire targets.

Gear Enchants

7% cdmg & 8% dual drive for your main weapon with PEN stat

(dun need mspd cuz pvp lancer wep for running)

7% mspd enchant & 8% dual drive for your sub weapon w/ PEN stat

DMG enchants w/ PEN on armors/accessories etc.

Costume Enchants

• Hats: Elemental hats, boss dmg hat enchants as previously mentioned
    • Face: Frozen Lance +5
    • Costume: CDMG against elite 50% or 25% CDMG against boss
    • Weapon: Sacrificial Lance +5

Secret Stones

2% dmg detail is must have, second stat would be 6% cdmg or elemental dmg if you already have reached cap cdmg (315% is cap for lancer)

• Lava stones for main weapon and sub
    • Frozen Lance Range (or Divine Sunderance range if HS sub)
    • Infernal Exile Duration
    • Sacrificial Lance CD
    • Rest can be any tbh

Masteries

4-fQMzTaFwqJySOOPGxYspay7OzBJomiJwY9jtpy5gnqYZu_b6V6dS7Gz5rIEhVbmNdTc48f1wskoyYgmrBtQab85OahTapOWVwkaypD277XcN30rtBa0NQCYYePsTn4yUgjgmv9

• General Skill: Merciless Soul Strangler (or Storm Song / Refrain of Paradise if bard sub)
    • Atk. Spec: Zeal
    • Adv. Skill: Deadly Ditty or Funerary Dirge
    • Defense Spec: Extreme Speed
    • Special Skill: Deep Blue or Best Defense

Stats Distributions

Activate Soul Reincarnation buff when trying to allocate your stats points and take dungeon stats debuff into account.

Buff yourself with Shuriken or Holy Sword buff if that's your sub class.

Offensive:

Ideally, you want to reach 50% speed and 90% crit rate first then you can invest in DMG.

Lancer has low crit rate in idle by default, try to reach the desired primary stats before investing in DMG.

If you are using end-game gears, you could spend 99 points to DMG and the rest of the points to speed for extra zeal chance.

This is applicable only if you have atleast 90% crit and 50% speed with all buffs/debuffs taken into considerations.

Defensive:

Make sure you're at 80% DEF, then remaining points for HP.

Envoy Path

aacf8de2f7.png

Choose one that you need, some dungeons easily break Mark Protection’s shield, while some don’t.

In this case you can sacrifice left mspd tile and take Mark Protection tile to your preference.

Also things to note: Frozen Lance tiles range is actually AoE, not the actual distance. (ty chros)

Weapon Mastery

Oc8ppp734wqEQ6PIb7a6lA3zu_DjvPp-YM0-rl1Dku8L4g71NRgmrSLnrzMsYnuycPMyx90ukEuDBV5ursgqcMoMW4nrhCJT2E9E8mrjg2ymvewY07VV-d5XlqMyxFg4s-QbBubX

Lancer dark path is the left one. List ordered by priority:

• 15 to mspd
    • 20 to dmg against all elements except storm and holy
    • 30 to dmg
    • Remaining points go to crit dmg, speed, or crit rate

Eidolons

Either Yumikaze, Hel or Verdandi. They all provide 4s stun which is most important (only if you don't have stun ability from sub class).

Some dungeons may give you hard time if you don't stun the boss.

Yumikaze has AoE stun, def shred trophy, flat def shred and some dmg buff.
    Hel gives flat def shred. Verdandi has nocturnal and nice cleanse.

8ohA72e.png

CeEXagR.png

Reroll one of those to 25% ATK SPD and 45% Dark DMG for your main dps eido, 25% ATK SPD is essential to cap your attack speed and smoother gameplay.

Get a 15% mspd cleo or tiger for running for zumzum, 25% ATK SPD is optional in this case.

However if you don't have the luxury to reroll yet, Yarnaros with the default buffs still works fine.

UPDATE: With 4-star eidolons being released; Ideally, you will want one of these:

• 25% attack speed, 45% dark dmg, 16% dmg
    • 25% attack speed, 45% dark dmg, 30% dmg against dark
    • 25% attack speed, 45% dark dmg, 10% chance to zeal (50% dmg)

Eidolons reroll chances can be seen here: http://guildless.net/forum/thread-76-1-1.html

With 0.5% chance of having 16% dmg and how expensive 4-star reroll is, I would recommend rerolling Alice since it has def shred trophy and skill although lacking stun (which is not a problem for hs/bard sub user)

Food & Drink

Dreamy Heaven + Royal Jelly Tea best

Gameplay

Whenever a Lancer skill is used, a Mark of Fire or Mark of Ice will appear on the stone tablet. The stone tablet is visible on the UI and is linked to the skill Mark's Awakening. Once there are three marks on the tablet, a special skill can be used depending on the combination:

Three Fire summons: Blood Lance - Soul Reincarnation

You need to cast this before any bosses. This one is really OP buff.

Lolanar1CfoLf9wY3tOVX8vleW88GGxkJsQ1Qo6x6tjferbYUWz89oOICVeow24j864feq4pWNClRs2IMY9BrAAEbQznBLUbtbljNAoc3QWbg7CiVgC2S9pBLrjVgsQwlCTVl5GH

Two Fire and one Ice summons: Demon Lance - Hymn of Doom

One or two casts of these are enough to melt a boss.

There are other two skills but they’re practically useless:

One Fire and two Ice summons: Thunder Lance - Sudden Death (nerfed).

Three Ice summons: Soul Lance - Divine Frost.

TLDR; Lancer rotation is quite linear. You basically want to summon 3 fire first and get Soul Reincarnation buff. Then just spam Soul Strangler 2x, and Demolition Lance/Lightning Strike to cast Hymn of Doom. Rinse and repeat.

Long version:

Running through mobs

Use your mspd set: PvP lancer weapon, noripan, mspd emblem, and tiger/cleo eidolon. Apply 20% mspd cleo/tiger buff. As you run towards to the boss, collect 3x Fire Runes. This can be done by spamming Sacrificial Lance or casting Infernal Exile on random mobs. Cast Soul Reincarnation then get 1x Ice Rune (Frozen Lance or Lightning Strike) from mobs and 2x Fire Rune (Sacrificial Lance or Infernal Exire) JUST before the boss to prepare your Hymn of Doom.

Soul Reincarnation only lasts 11 seconds hence this requires proper timing (pay attention to boss spawn/cutscene time on each dungeons).

Arriving at boss, start switching main weapon, your emblems and hats according to the boss elemental attribute and use your DPS eidolon/trophy. Assuming that you use Shuriken sub; start off by casting Razor Wind, Hymn of Doom follows up next. Start preparing for your next Hymn whilst dpsing the boss, spam Soul Strangler (1s cd) two times and cast Demolition Lance / Lightning Strike to get another Ice Rune that should give you enough runes to cast another Hymn. Rinse and repeat till boss dies.

Any input/suggestions or questions are welcome.

• Oh hi Mika. I have some question about lightning one. I know it was nerfed alot. But it still higher than Hs, right? So I have an idea of build a Lightning one.

I know how dark skill works, but only consider the dmg in 1 sec. I think light is higher. If I am able to nuke in 1s, lightning's dps is higher. So do you think it works?

• Oh hi Mika. I have some question about lightning one. I know it was nerfed alot. But it still higher than Hs, right? So I have an idea of build a Lightning one.

I know how dark skill works, but only consider the dmg in 1 sec. I think light is higher. If I am able to nuke in 1s, lightning's dps is higher. So do you think it works?

Lightning dps is significantly lower than dark as well as lower than HS. It won't work

FEFwNLW.png

| Lancer lv 9x | Guild: BlackMarket| Discord Sairaphis#4185|

• 5241af98a2.png

For lightning, not only they reduced the coefficient but skill range increased and area affected by the ricochet hits increased. This means if there are trash mobs around the boss, your damage will be even more potato due to nature of its mechanism. There's absolutely no reason for you to go lightning unless you want to be a special cupcake.

Oh and dark first tick can also 1 pew the boss.

b3b9a98194.gif

• how worth is that +15cmg tile? I'm skeptical about it as I don't think the dps increase is that big. I'm considering the 15cdmg vs the shield tile one case.

A lot more worth it than the shield tile. The CDMG tile increases maximum cdmg by 15%, while the shield requires you to use 5 skills that charge marks, and then have the shield be destroyed in order to gain the dmg and mspd buffs. Really, you shouldn't be getting hit that much and all stats 10% isn't a very impressive buff once you're running end game gear. This is all while you could be increasing your max cdmg by 15% which is great due to lancer's passive which builds cdmg by 2% and stacks up to 30 times while in combat

FEFwNLW.png

• A lot more worth it than the shield tile. The CDMG tile increases maximum cdmg by 15%, while the shield requires you to use 5 skills that charge marks, and then have the shield be destroyed in order to gain the dmg and mspd buffs. Really, you shouldn't be getting hit that much and all stats 10% isn't a very impressive buff once you're running end game gear. This is all while you could be increasing your max cdmg by 15% which is great due to lancer's passive which builds cdmg by 2% and stacks up to 30 times while in combat

I see that makes sense but to that i say if you're running end game gear and are already melting bosses in like 2s that 15cdmg is hardly noticeable no? There's that and say a situation where theres lots of mobs as that's how dungs are done now then the ms and stats would have a much bigger effect no? This is looking at specific situations like f30+st or being hit by certain bosses attacks (Fatima lift plus spiny thingy of death, time library f3 etc.)

• I see that makes sense but to that i say if you're running end game gear and are already melting bosses in like 2s that 15cdmg is hardly noticeable no? There's that and say a situation where theres lots of mobs as that's how dungs are done now then the ms and stats would have a much bigger effect no? This is looking at specific situations like f30+st or being hit by certain bosses attacks (Fatima lift plus spiny thingy of death, time library f3 etc.)

Yes and no. The increase in cdmg may not look to be super noticable if you're melting bosses in 2s, but it will overall make the run faster since you'll essentially have that cdmg increase permanently. For the shield tile, the mspd bonus only lasts 8 seconds and requires the shield to be broken after using 5 skills. You'll most likely already be at the boss by the time you proc the shield and let it be broken. In the long run, the cdmg boost is a lot more worthwhile

FEFwNLW.png

• Consider this: You have to cast 5 skills to create the shield and the mobs only have 8s to break it. Now not only that but people mostly run at 250% mspd thus making it hard for them to touch you and these days you can reach 50%+ evasion without spending any points on it. It'll be so little chance for it to proc it (atleast for me running with 300%+ mspd constantly), even less chance if you arent the front runner.

The only dungeon that makes it worth to take this tile is SFL cuz sarpa's blue fireballs thingy range can hit you at long distance rapidly once you get past them.

But then again it's up to your preference, it's what I think is ideal and doesn't mean you have to copy it exactly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Consider this: You have to cast 5 skills to create the shield and the mobs only have 8s to break it. Now not only that but people mostly run at 250% mspd thus making it hard for them to touch you and these days you can reach 50%+ evasion without spending any points on it. It'll be so little chance for it to proc it (atleast for me running with 300%+ mspd constantly), even less chance if you arent the front runner.

The only dungeon that makes it worth to take this tile is SFL cuz sarpa's blue fireballs thingy range can hit you at long distance rapidly once you get past them.

But then again it's up to your preference, it's what I think is ideal and doesn't mean you have to copy it exactly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• I see that makes sense but to that i say if you're running end game gear and are already melting bosses in like 2s that 15cdmg is hardly noticeable no? There's that and say a situation where theres lots of mobs as that's how dungs are done now then the ms and stats would have a much bigger effect no? This is looking at specific situations like f30+st or being hit by certain bosses attacks (Fatima lift plus spiny thingy of death, time library f3 etc.)

Oh sorry I was writing that at 2am. If you're only aiming for the paper stats+10%, cdmg cap increase will be much better for those situations you mentioned without question regardless the comparison of their chance to proc and not to mention you get much better paper stats too from Soul Reincarnation buff. This would later be more relevant when they add lvl 95 gold accessories that can increase your cdmg cap and awakening stuff cause it will be all about increasing cdmg cap trend.