Gunslinger PvE Guide

• Hi, my name is Chris (Daybreak), I'm a gunslinger on Phoenix and this is my quick guide on how to play Gunslinger.

Keep in mind this is for level 90/95+ (end game content).

Basics of Funslinger:

Gunslinger is a storm based ranged damage class.

The cooldowns of the class are incredibly short making it very fast paced.

The Attack Speed cap of GS is 67%.

The party buff is a massive speed buff.

Sub Classes:

Shuriken:

High burst (Storm element also making it match your main element)

Pvp shurikens/snowflakes give movespeed

Shadow Assault is one of the most powerful and efficient movement skills

Useful dmg buffs

Bard:

Ballad

Stun

Rhapsody - best party buff

90 Harp gives a lot of movespeed + can put a 9% movespeed card in the harp

Good subclass for more under geared players because it definitely helps survivablility

Con: Not much damage, and overall just lacking in all departments but movespeed

Holy Sword:

Strongest defense shred skill

Detailed damage buff

Gap closer

Crit + Crit DMG buff

Con: It's a melee class. It makes you play at close range to actually use it and that doesn't work amazingly with how squishy GS is.

Eidolon(s):

There are two very crucial eidos that you want to roll for Gunslinger

1. 25 Attack Speed/ 45 Storm dmg

Best options: Yumikaze/Yarnaros/Cyril/Diao Chan/Hel

With 4-Star Eidos being released:

I'd still recommend using these same eidos. The only eido I might recommend instead would be Alice or Alucard since their 4-Star buffs are 16% damage.

Eido Explanation: Gunslinger is a class that lacks an innate stun, so naturally you would want an Eido with an ability to stun. Most dungeons are a horrible experiences (especially in the future) with no stun.

2. 15% Movespeed

Best options: Tiger/Cleo/Ayako

With 4-Star Eidos being released:

Aelius, Quelkulan, and Kotonoha all naturally have 15% movespeed from 4-Starring. If you can't afford to reroll one of the three mentioned above, these 3 are amazing alternatives.

Gear:

90+ - Holy Spirit top set/Magic Sundering bottom set

If you are either lacking crit damage vs bosses or damage vs bosses, fully Holy Spirit is an option.

Looking towards future content, Magic Sundering is a whole ton better than Holy Spirit bottom because of how much crit it gives.

Weapons: Destroyer/Nocturnal Guns (Storm Element is an ABSOLUTE MUST)

95 Guns: These actually give a surprising damage increase. While you have to use Aimed Shot to get the full use of them, the pure amount of primary weapon damage these give is really really good. I'd highly recommend you to use these instead for more damage as long as you still hit 90% boss damage minimum. The guns give about a 15% damage increase comparing 95 to 90 in a vacuum. Applying actual dungeon reductions, it's about a 10% damage increase.

Note: These are obviously the last thing you should go for, it's a 10% damage increase but if you have no gear and rush a 95 weapon you're adding 10% of 0 to 0.

Destoryer/Nocturnal (Whatever the guns aren't) Shurikens (Storm Element is also an ABSOLUTE MUST)

Accessories: Either 90 set works depending on what you need

Trophies: Guzigla Tooth/Time Code/Delphonia's Earring

Feather is actually a really good trophy believe it or not. Looking towards dungeons past SFL TOA, the flat shred is actually really nice. If you don't need the extra stats from Time Code and feel like being useful, use the feather.

80+ - Lordswrath full

Accessories: Perfect War or Arcane Frost

Trophies: Guzigla Tooth/Time Code

Imperial Cores for all of it except time code, that can be bestial.

Core Choices: Imperial is a natural want in this game, if you're running in a well optimized party people are probably going to be hitting 250%+ movespeed (without eido buffs or anything). Time Code can be bestial for the fact that it's mainly only used versus bosses. Meaning that if you swap it with leaf while running the 1% hp and 1% dmg work better than the 3% movespeed.

Trophy Note: Imperial Noripan Leaf (yes the little level 40 crafted trophy) is probably one of the most important trophies to have in the game. Even if yours is +0 the 8% movespeed (natural + imperial core) is amazing.

Envoy/Weapon Spec/Masteries

(Attached at bottom)

Envoy Note: Things highlighted in Red are optional things to take if you need them.

download.pngdownload.png

Basic Rotato (Rotation)

Gunslinger has a very static rotation due to the fact that sonic bomb has a 1.6 second CD (with azure stone) making it incredibly spammable.

Ice/Dark Flare trap > Razord Wind > Bombardment > Sonic Bomb > Shuriken Storm > Sonic Bomb till boss ded (Lace in some Bombardments when you need to reapply the -def or the proc from level 60 Weapon Spec)

Costumes:

Head: 3% HP + 10% DMG vs Boss

Face: 3% DMG + Ice Trap Skill Level +5

Body: 3% DMG + 25% Crit DMG vs Boss

Just get ready for awakening now.

Wings: 3% DMG + 5% Move Speed

Weapon: 3% DMG + Dark Flare Trap Skill Level +5

Everything and the Kitchen Sink:

Pet: 3% movespeed/4% Dual Drive - either of these + some random stat

Secret Stones: 2% dmg/ 7% dark dmg stones - MAKE SURE TO HAVE THE AZURE SONIC BOMB BELT STONE

Stone Note: If you need Crit DMG to hit 320% versus bosses, take either 2% dmg/ 4% Crit DMG or 2% dmg/ 6% Crit DMG

Keep in mind that with the Revolver of Doom proc, gunslinger's CDMG cap goes up to 320%. If you're using 95 guns it goes up to 340%.

Foods: Golden Latte/Misty Heaven

If you have enough boss damage feel free to use Jelly Tea for the additional zeals

Beef Noodles for movespeed

Mount: Depending on if you use elemental mounts or not, a damage of storm skills mount is highly encouraged for use.

Final Notes:

Holy Chest: Nazrudin + Zaahir are a must have - the amount of elemental damage these give can't be passed up

If you're new or just starting to make a holy chest, I'd start out with Nazrudin since I personally find it to be much more useful than Zaahir

Elemental: Mounts + Hats is the best - Mounts + Emblems or Hats + Emblems still works though

If you have any questions/comments/concerns pm me at Chris.#0404 on Discord

or

Leave your comments below

Daybreak - 95 - Gunslinger

SoonTM - 90 - Shuriken

ChubbyBird - 90 - Sorc

Pachimari - 90 - Lancer

Snow Vice

Hydra Phoenix

The post was edited 8 times, last by Daybreak: Adding in what people in the comments said ().

• Very basic and nice guide.

But why %20 dmg against storm targets from wep spec? (There is almost no storm boss' except vault 4th-10th)

Trophies: Guzigla Tooth/Time Code/Delphonia's Earring.

where is feather salt (since you are using that lol)

Corpionse (Ex<GS>Corpi) | 99 Ronin/Shinobi | AK US PHOENIX
    Feel free to pm me anytime with questions about the game
    Discord-ID: Corpionse#7906

:/

Btw Cookies are love<3

• I take storm cause at this point what's left to take? nothing is holy and ice and flame have holy chests

I don't recommend players using feather unless you're capped prayer and stuff and don't really have use for time code

or in other words

Just cause I use it doesn't mean everyone should

SoonTM - 90 - Shuriken

ChubbyBird - 90 - Sorc

Pachimari - 90 - Lancer

Snow Vice

Hydra Phoenix

• Fire still open , means %20. Dont u think its better than storm even tho u have like %120 flame target already(mount emblem hat firechests). %140>120 anyways if you consider flame is way more common than storm :/ But again its personal pref. if you have trouble clearing 10th floor it is understandable.

Also i was joking with feather lol.

Btw Cookies are love<3

• As Corpi said it's really simple and easy to understand~ Not bad.

Here some things and questions about your guide, that were stuck in my mind when I read it:

• What do you think about Diao as Storm eido?
    • Another useful thing for "not as good" geared players would be to use the full points in HP in weaponmastery I think. (But that's debatable. Same as what elements to take for WM, since I always say it depends on what dungeons the people run. | Same for secret stones, but I am too full against Dark so I shush :AK9:)
    • For Holychest i would'nt say "Nazrudin is the most important" just write that it depends on what dungeon someone does, that they should change between Zaahr and Naz whenever they feel it is necessary.
    • Basic-Rotation? Trap -> Bombardment -> Razor Wind -> Sonic-Bomb-Spam?
    • Why can TTTC be Bestial but the other things not xD? Costrelated?

I'd love to see the headlines to be a big bigger, with that it would be easier to navigate between the points~

• Why can TTTC be Bestial but the other things not xD? Costrelated?

> changing to leaf ? :/

Btw Cookies are love<3

• afaik its 67% unless there is something which raises the cap :/

Btw Cookies are love<3

• Might have confused it with Katar's 69%:S
    Edit - It's either 68 or 69 for me, don't remember :/

ProwlCat - Lv.95 Katar/Shinobi | AK US Chimera | Guild: DatGuild
    Discord-ID: ProwlCat#4510

You can ask me just about anything regarding Katars or the game itself
    Youtube

• Dual Pistol - 67%

Katar - 69%

Btw Cookies are love<3

• I wrote this at 2 am I'm sorry

I added in everything that you suggested. Thank you, even the rotation part. :AK19::AK20:

SoonTM - 90 - Shuriken

ChubbyBird - 90 - Sorc

Pachimari - 90 - Lancer

Snow Vice

Hydra Phoenix

• Small question: since gunslinger CRIT DMG cap is 300-320% it is worth to wear Sonic Bomb enchantment on the costume instead of CRIT DMG againt boss/elites?

+5 skill level adds between 15-20k of skill dmg

The post was edited 1 time, last by Septimo ().

• Small question: since gunslinger CRIT DMG cap is 300-320% it is worth to wear Sonic Bomb enchantment on the costume instead of CRIT DMG againt boss/elites?

+5 skill level adds between 15-20k of skill dmg

Never, because post awakening neither shuriken or the gunslinger weapon give cdmg vs bosses, and your cap increases due to overcapped crit.

SoonTM - 90 - Shuriken

ChubbyBird - 90 - Sorc

Pachimari - 90 - Lancer

Snow Vice

Hydra Phoenix

• Is the class rebalance going to the change the skill rotation drastically?

No, UVC's animation is too clunky and really really awful to make it worthwhile to keep up, you can use it once at the beginning of the fight if you want but i wouldn't bother trying to fit in a skill with an animation as long as the GCD into your rotation.

SoonTM - 90 - Shuriken

ChubbyBird - 90 - Sorc

Pachimari - 90 - Lancer

Snow Vice

Hydra Phoenix

• Haven't tested it thoroughly but UVC is definitely not worth it, unless they reduce its GCD, it's off my skill bar again.

What's better than a cute loli? More cute lolis.

Gotta love this game.