​Come on Aura Kingdom, do something challenging!

• For a long, long time there have been cries that the game becomes "too easy", or perhaps that it naturally is, but this is definitely much more so the case under many of the conditions the game makes available. While many seem to agree on this, I don't really... see many people doing anything different to push themselves or try something new or different. Instead, most players seem to keep playing the same few certain newest classes, or mayyyybe a different main class with one of them as a subclass so it barely changes it, geared to full +20 (or full +30), and then hopping on a tiger and clearing dungeons in under three (or two) minutes like this still means anything in 2018, and I just wonder... why o.o? I'm not trying to put down what others do. This is a game, and it is for fun, and if someone has fun doing it, that's all the reason and worth right there. That being said, I thought I'd try and centralize a place for those who might want to impose challenges to push themselves and others outside the norm a bit.

For the most part, just feel free to make up your own limitations and then try and complete something! If you want some ideas...

Maybe you'll try and pretend the last three classes to release don't exist, so you can't use them (including as a subclass). Maybe you'll go further and limit the Ravager from use, too.

Maybe you'll try and pretend piercing isn't a thing, limiting yourself to level 70/75 gearing only, even in higher level dungeons with the piercing layer.

Maybe you'll try and play without a subclass equipped (I know there's a few of you who've played characters to high levels without even selecting one!). Maybe you'll limit yourself from using nocturnal effects anywhere (like from eidolons, skills, envoy, etc.) to really add to that, since you can easily get around no subclass by simply using a nocturnal main weapon.

Maybe you'll disallow yourself from using eidolon or class combo skills.

Maybe you'll try and clear Infernal Abyss at level 55 (or as close to it as possible depending on how fast the game levels you now) without using level 60 or higher stuffs. Maybe you'll again try and tackle Sky Tower without level 70 (or level 60 even?) or higher stuffs. These are just two examples; not necessarily specific dungeon challenges.

I think it goes without saying that gearing beyond +20/+21 is obviously beyond the goal of making things challenging, but maybe you'll go further and limit yourself to a certain fortification level, like +15 or even +9. Maybe you'll try and pretend accessory fortification isn't yet released again? Maybe you'll try and pretend star fusion isn't a thing yet? How low can your HP go before it's too much for you!?

The possibilities are numerous, and remember, this is just for fun! This is just a game, and for those of you who are finding yourselves a bit bored of it, maybe something with limitations in it can prove challenging for you? Or, maybe all the players who would have wanted that are the ones who quit already and nobody will try anything D: Prove me wrong, please!?

Chimera server - Catalyst guild - Retired

Sylver_Aura - Level 95 Wizard/Bard (since 2014) | Princess_Garnet - Level 86 Tachi (since 2015)

• i agree to certain point its not Aeria's fault that the game is like this from my point of view theres two "main" culprits for not allowing challenge to exist in Ak form what i've seen and done over the past 3 ish years i've been playing, its that Nocturnal keeps you alive and the availability of Boss Detailed Damage allows you hit for millions depending on the class (my Hs alone hits for around 5m in hells depending on dng)

So form what i've seen and done i can only see one possible outcome that the game can head if it keeps with this... its gonna die least the Us and EU servers anyway but with one small removal of Nocturnal i think the game would be way better off or at least limt its usage like with the 80% nerf they gave it but still that other 20% can still heal you for hundreds of thousands of hp if it was removed it would allow both Guardians and Bards to come back a bit more useful then Roar bots and Pocket Healers they would be needed to hold aggro form bosses and to keep the party alive but if you still wanna fly solo Noct could be in the game with certian weapons with the effect on it like the Naz Shuris and Guns allowing you to keep yourself alive for the cost of damage output but a good player would work around that

those are the ideas i have regarding this topic and if you need more challenge then you can limt yourself to classes/weapon types like myself i only use Yellow weapons on most of my characters (Rav Katar and Gunslinger)

• Well, the game was designed like that and it just goes with this obvious route:
    Make a layer of dmg reduction => Release new items, gears to counter it => repeat.

Limiting yourself is fun, but to get it works, you need many people to make it fun. Like in PvP, You can pretend all those high end gears with ridiculous stats are none-exist by joining Lv60s batch thanks to the game providing a feature for it. But nothing like it exist in PvE. You will need large a large number of players willing to do it to make it fun. But human are lazy, we would find something else better to enjoy more often than trying to change ourselves to enjoy something we currently have. And that's exactly what most of people who quit did. They just don't find much fun in this game now and there are tons of other games out there offering much better things to enjoy without much less effort.

Sadly, there aren't many players sticking around like you do. Most will just quit and go for newer, better things when they get bored.

• I used to think the existence of nocturnal prevented the game from being "good" too, but I don't think it's that. Instead, what isn't in place to make it better is class balance, but perhaps even more importantly, everything is far too fragile for the stats we're given. Specifically, fortification is way too much of a difference maker (and way too expensive as well). That's sort of where the idea for the thread came from.

Sylver_Aura - Level 95 Wizard/Bard (since 2014) | Princess_Garnet - Level 86 Tachi (since 2015)

• cuz hs, lancer, shuri were mistakes in the game. super easy damage mechanisms that are instantly satisfying but not long lasting. This applies to both pvp and pve.

(Katar can apply to this as well but at least it requires some leveling up for mastery. and bard is still the only healing class in the game that either does its job too good in pvp or becomes useless in pve unless you use dps set.)

• While that's part of it, the problem wasn't new with those classes (it definitely made it worse, though). Take them away and we go back to what the game had for two and a half or three years or whatever, and that's Ravager as the easy one (though the gap between it and what follows wouldn't be as huge as it was back then).

The other problem remains though that even if you take the top three or so classes away, while much would change, not much will change at the same time. If you remove +30 atop that, and make damage lower and/or PVE stuff harder to kill, then you're almost there.

That's where a lot of these example limitation ideas came from. Maybe I'll try and do some myself and hope a few others will see it and do the same (especially since, while I may accomplish something, I don't necessarily make for impressive showings when it comes to videos so maybe others will look at it and go "I can do that better or faster easily" haha). Having gotten rid of all but two of my characters, and over half of my gear, will make my options limited though, but maybe I'll give it a try, even if I'm the only one who ends up doing so.

• That’s why i rarely watch peoples solo vids that contains classes such as HS, Shuri, Lancer, and sometimes GS because it’s really just boring due to how easy it is and less mechanic intensive the classes are but yet they still deal a lot of damage regardless of the effort you put into it. Lol anyways, class balence would be nice but you know xl doesn’t care for it’s players sooo...

• :AK19:

New challenge mode: give yourself 1 gold cap to build an entire character and try to solo everything in the game with it. Nothing can be sent over or leftover from other characters. No dragon points either, except masteries.

Daybreak - 95 - Gunslinger

SoonTM - 90 - Shuriken

ChubbyBird - 90 - Sorc

Pachimari - 90 - Lancer

Snow Vice

Hydra Phoenix

New challenge mode: give yourself 1 gold cap to build an entire character and try to solo everything in the game with it. Nothing can be sent over or leftover from other characters. No dragon points either, except masteries.

WTS> HS Lv.90 Recipes 1k gold ea, Imp/ Noc Temporal Cores 500g ea 20th-Order Forts 100g ea regardless of type.

unknown.png

"You merely Adapted the Lag, I was born in it, molded by it. I never saw it gone until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but a feature!"

"P.S. Btw it's an Exa(i)t"

Getting gold cap itself would be a challenge to me D:

This is sort of a different idea and I sort of like it, but it still probably wouldn't be that hard? it's been forever since I knew what prices were like to be sure though. I do know though you can save a lot of gold by using Sniper (free) and Fatal Toxin (super cheap and as good as level 80 alternatives). Sure, they aren't the best, and namely you can't enchant them with penetration cards, but a Shuriken with this and level 80 or 90 weapons can likely easily solo everything (if not close to it) still, probably even without fortified accessories.

• We can dream right?

The only direction Aura Kingdom know for the future is :

- More broken gear

- More broken mechanics

- Higher Level Caps/Gaps (The End Of Casual Kingdom)

- Even Higher Spender focused ( aka more PayWall, P2W, PayToLevel )

A Server merge will try to correct stuff made wrong in the past once the veterans leave completely...making the server RIP.It will work for a few weeks/months.Than no one cares because nothing changed. The End.

Right now is the perfect time to correct stuff.Sylver_Aura and other players wrote many usefull things.I am sure if enough experienced player meet together with the Aeria AK team things will change in a positive way for everyone and most of the game health.Listen to the players...making the game fun and worth playing again as it used to be in the "gold old times" ;) It can work even with New Content without doing raidcal changes...just saying if someone from the AK Staff reading this...now is your last chance^^

Lets dream...

• Sadly, the time to correct this probably long passed. Sometime between a year and a year and a half ago, many players kept giving Aeria feedback at how some of the then-new changes in management of the game was likely going to harm the long term health of it and increasingly drive players away if they continued that trend, but things simply continued, and... that's what happened.

That being said, I'm not trying to simply discuss how the old days used to be way better, or what can be done to go more back to those ways (again, at this point, little can probably be done as the damage has long been done). I'm simply trying to see if any players would be willing to challenge themselves despite the poor state of the game.

• You can keep blaming Aeria but it's all pointless, they have no control on how will this game is meant to be played or balanced it's on X-Legends, we know exactly how the game will play out a year from now because Aeria servers are over a year behind and has been for the past 3-4 years there are no surprises.

You can keep on dreaming but I don't think X-Legends listen to foreign players suggestions even if you direct mail them

It's on x-legends on how the game will be played and balanced, while it's on the publisher how it will be monetized and make money whether it be from gear/costumes/consumables with just minor changes

Players are simply stuck in-between now you can choose to ride it out or or move on to different game that will suit your needs.

just my 2c

• That being said, I'm not trying to simply discuss how the old days used to be way better, or what can be done to go more back to those ways (again, at this point, little can probably be done as the damage has long been done). I'm simply trying to see if any players would be willing to challenge themselves despite the poor state of the game.

Quoting myself here, and I don't know if that is directed sort of to me, but if it is, as far as "who is to blame goes", I've always said there's things on both X-Legends and Aeria, so I largely agree with you anyway. I've never raised issue towards Aeria for poor balance or whatever though. The complaints to Aeria were over things they can control, and things they did to attempt to more aggressively monetize the game in the short term at the cost of it's future. The fact that it would or be far from a perfect (or if you will, even good at this point) game anyway because of X-Legends' development is neither here nor there on that matter. Again though, none of this is even the main focus of this thread, but yeah I guess the game is also long gone of any real players who'd do what I was looking for anyway. D:

• Define "Real players" exactly, as far as I know veteran players were the one that introduced us to building efficiently when no one knew how detailed damaged worked, when it was finally all figured out it made everything much easier not exactly challenging, it lead to things like 5 man sky towers or soloing entire party dungeons as fast as possible, this also goes for bandwagoning on the strongest classes everyone wants to do stuff efficiently by themselves.

Maybe when the game just started it was fun and challenging because many were ignorant to build right, it's X-Legend that decided this game state since the beginning the players were just figuring it out along the way.

I don't think the old days were better except for the population, we're getting more content now back in mid 2014 to early 2015 the game was stuck on a limbo for the longest time, lv60 OW and dragons was the end game content for more than half a year.

Players simply moved on to other newer games, lost interest or real life got busy this goes for many MMO's. AK is not exactly dead by any means I'm actually surprised it survived this long.

• That may be true.But i also know many many players who left because of the reasons adressed many many many times already.

These "problems" are caused by the management/monetizing of this game version.Everyone know what direction the game content was heading to long ago.

Veterans dont/didnt leave because they moved on.Or played another game.Or lost interest.They just lost hope.The immense of money/gametime you have to invest to enjoy this game version at the fullest...is ridiculous.Right now there are only a handfull player experience End Game Content...on top of that you see player in Chimera with +30 full PVE Tank Gear with 170 MoveSpeed...Ice Element Gunsliger Weapon +30...Trophys +30 i never seen before...i really see dark times for the future players xD Without proper guides and veteran players leading newbies to the meta the servers will become a clown fiesta...you can only roll the eyes and move one at this point...I dont know if its even worth to discuss about it...its not my game and not my server who ever is in power do how ever you wish^^i dont think anyone really cares anymore^^

• Well, it's fine. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. If someone likes it better now, I'm not intending to try and tell them they are wrong in their enjoyment. After all, it's only a game, and having fun is the goal, and it's never my own personal goal to try and ruin that for anyone else. That being said, I do firmly believe that the state of the game on Aeria's servers is rather dire and speaks for itself, however.

Anyway, again, opinions of the game in the past compared to now isn't even what I intended with this, so can we please leave that bit out? I wanted to see if anyone would like to try and challenge themselves a bit (I'm starting to guess not, though, in which case I'd rather the thread just die than become an argument).

• That may be true.But i also know many many players who left because of the reasons adressed many many many times already.

These "problems" are caused by the management/monetizing of this game version.Everyone know what direction the game content was heading to long ago.

Veterans dont/didnt leave because they moved on.Or played another game.Or lost interest.They just lost hope.The immense of money/gametime you have to invest to enjoy this game version at the fullest...is ridiculous.Right now there are only a handfull player experience End Game Content...on top of that you see player in Chimera with +30 full PVE Tank Gear with 170 MoveSpeed...Ice Element Gunsliger Weapon +30...Trophys +30 i never seen before...i really see dark times for the future players xD Without proper guides and veteran players leading newbies to the meta the servers will become a clown fiesta...you can only roll the eyes and move one at this point...I dont know if its even worth to discuss about it...its not my game and not my server who ever is in power do how ever you wish^^i dont think anyone really cares anymore^^

Ice Ele-slinger +30 tank gears oh yea so terrible, playstyle is a bad thing right? sorry if i sounded like a butt there, its just that people play the game their own way im a Guardian and im a tank with Ravager as my sub class such a mortal sin i've committed people play the way they like and i don't think anyone should be bashed for it as long as they have fun it doesn't matter imo