​Come on Aura Kingdom, do something challenging!

• For a long, long time there have been cries that the game becomes "too easy", or perhaps that it naturally is, but this is definitely much more so the case under many of the conditions the game makes available. While many seem to agree on this, I don't really... see many people doing anything different to push themselves or try something new or different. Instead, most players seem to keep playing the same few certain newest classes, or mayyyybe a different main class with one of them as a subclass so it barely changes it, geared to full +20 (or full +30), and then hopping on a tiger and clearing dungeons in under three (or two) minutes like this still means anything in 2018, and I just wonder... why o.o? I'm not trying to put down what others do. This is a game, and it is for fun, and if someone has fun doing it, that's all the reason and worth right there. That being said, I thought I'd try and centralize a place for those who might want to impose challenges to push themselves and others outside the norm a bit.

For the most part, just feel free to make up your own limitations and then try and complete something! If you want some ideas...

Maybe you'll try and pretend the last three classes to release don't exist, so you can't use them (including as a subclass). Maybe you'll go further and limit the Ravager from use, too.

Maybe you'll try and pretend piercing isn't a thing, limiting yourself to level 70/75 gearing only, even in higher level dungeons with the piercing layer.

Maybe you'll try and play without a subclass equipped (I know there's a few of you who've played characters to high levels without even selecting one!). Maybe you'll limit yourself from using nocturnal effects anywhere (like from eidolons, skills, envoy, etc.) to really add to that, since you can easily get around no subclass by simply using a nocturnal main weapon.

Maybe you'll disallow yourself from using eidolon or class combo skills.

Maybe you'll try and clear Infernal Abyss at level 55 (or as close to it as possible depending on how fast the game levels you now) without using level 60 or higher stuffs. Maybe you'll again try and tackle Sky Tower without level 70 (or level 60 even?) or higher stuffs. These are just two examples; not necessarily specific dungeon challenges.

I think it goes without saying that gearing beyond +20/+21 is obviously beyond the goal of making things challenging, but maybe you'll go further and limit yourself to a certain fortification level, like +15 or even +9. Maybe you'll try and pretend accessory fortification isn't yet released again? Maybe you'll try and pretend star fusion isn't a thing yet? How low can your HP go before it's too much for you!?

The possibilities are numerous, and remember, this is just for fun! This is just a game, and for those of you who are finding yourselves a bit bored of it, maybe something with limitations in it can prove challenging for you? Or, maybe all the players who would have wanted that are the ones who quit already and nobody will try anything D: Prove me wrong, please!?

Chimera server - Catalyst guild - Retired

Sylver_Aura - Level 95 Wizard/Bard (since 2014) | Princess_Garnet - Level 86 Tachi (since 2015)

• i agree to certain point its not Aeria's fault that the game is like this from my point of view theres two "main" culprits for not allowing challenge to exist in Ak form what i've seen and done over the past 3 ish years i've been playing, its that Nocturnal keeps you alive and the availability of Boss Detailed Damage allows you hit for millions depending on the class (my Hs alone hits for around 5m in hells depending on dng)

So form what i've seen and done i can only see one possible outcome that the game can head if it keeps with this... its gonna die least the Us and EU servers anyway but with one small removal of Nocturnal i think the game would be way better off or at least limt its usage like with the 80% nerf they gave it but still that other 20% can still heal you for hundreds of thousands of hp if it was removed it would allow both Guardians and Bards to come back a bit more useful then Roar bots and Pocket Healers they would be needed to hold aggro form bosses and to keep the party alive but if you still wanna fly solo Noct could be in the game with certian weapons with the effect on it like the Naz Shuris and Guns allowing you to keep yourself alive for the cost of damage output but a good player would work around that

those are the ideas i have regarding this topic and if you need more challenge then you can limt yourself to classes/weapon types like myself i only use Yellow weapons on most of my characters (Rav Katar and Gunslinger)

What all guards wanna be :AK19::AK19::AK19:

• Well, the game was designed like that and it just goes with this obvious route:
    Make a layer of dmg reduction => Release new items, gears to counter it => repeat.

Limiting yourself is fun, but to get it works, you need many people to make it fun. Like in PvP, You can pretend all those high end gears with ridiculous stats are none-exist by joining Lv60s batch thanks to the game providing a feature for it. But nothing like it exist in PvE. You will need large a large number of players willing to do it to make it fun. But human are lazy, we would find something else better to enjoy more often than trying to change ourselves to enjoy something we currently have. And that's exactly what most of people who quit did. They just don't find much fun in this game now and there are tons of other games out there offering much better things to enjoy without much less effort.

Sadly, there aren't many players sticking around like you do. Most will just quit and go for newer, better things when they get bored.

What's better than a cute loli? More cute lolis.

Gotta love this game.

• I used to think the existence of nocturnal prevented the game from being "good" too, but I don't think it's that. Instead, what isn't in place to make it better is class balance, but perhaps even more importantly, everything is far too fragile for the stats we're given. Specifically, fortification is way too much of a difference maker (and way too expensive as well). That's sort of where the idea for the thread came from.

Sylver_Aura - Level 95 Wizard/Bard (since 2014) | Princess_Garnet - Level 86 Tachi (since 2015)

• cuz hs, lancer, shuri were mistakes in the game. super easy damage mechanisms that are instantly satisfying but not long lasting. This applies to both pvp and pve.

(Katar can apply to this as well but at least it requires some leveling up for mastery. and bard is still the only healing class in the game that either does its job too good in pvp or becomes useless in pve unless you use dps set.)

• While that's part of it, the problem wasn't new with those classes (it definitely made it worse, though). Take them away and we go back to what the game had for two and a half or three years or whatever, and that's Ravager as the easy one (though the gap between it and what follows wouldn't be as huge as it was back then).

The other problem remains though that even if you take the top three or so classes away, while much would change, not much will change at the same time. If you remove +30 atop that, and make damage lower and/or PVE stuff harder to kill, then you're almost there.

That's where a lot of these example limitation ideas came from. Maybe I'll try and do some myself and hope a few others will see it and do the same (especially since, while I may accomplish something, I don't necessarily make for impressive showings when it comes to videos so maybe others will look at it and go "I can do that better or faster easily" haha). Having gotten rid of all but two of my characters, and over half of my gear, will make my options limited though, but maybe I'll give it a try, even if I'm the only one who ends up doing so.

• That’s why i rarely watch peoples solo vids that contains classes such as HS, Shuri, Lancer, and sometimes GS because it’s really just boring due to how easy it is and less mechanic intensive the classes are but yet they still deal a lot of damage regardless of the effort you put into it. Lol anyways, class balence would be nice but you know xl doesn’t care for it’s players sooo...

• :AK19:

New challenge mode: give yourself 1 gold cap to build an entire character and try to solo everything in the game with it. Nothing can be sent over or leftover from other characters. No dragon points either, except masteries.

Daybreak - 95 - Gunslinger

SoonTM - 90 - Shuriken

ChubbyBird - 90 - Sorc

Pachimari - 90 - Lancer

Snow Vice

Hydra Phoenix

New challenge mode: give yourself 1 gold cap to build an entire character and try to solo everything in the game with it. Nothing can be sent over or leftover from other characters. No dragon points either, except masteries.

WTS> HS Lv.90 Recipes 1k gold ea, Imp/ Noc Temporal Cores 500g ea 20th-Order Forts 100g ea regardless of type.

Getting gold cap itself would be a challenge to me D:

This is sort of a different idea and I sort of like it, but it still probably wouldn't be that hard? it's been forever since I knew what prices were like to be sure though. I do know though you can save a lot of gold by using Sniper (free) and Fatal Toxin (super cheap and as good as level 80 alternatives). Sure, they aren't the best, and namely you can't enchant them with penetration cards, but a Shuriken with this and level 80 or 90 weapons can likely easily solo everything (if not close to it) still, probably even without fortified accessories.

• We can dream right?

The only direction Aura Kingdom know for the future is :

- More broken gear

- More broken mechanics

- Higher Level Caps/Gaps (The End Of Casual Kingdom)

- Even Higher Spender focused ( aka more PayWall, P2W, PayToLevel )

A Server merge will try to correct stuff made wrong in the past once the veterans leave completely...making the server RIP.It will work for a few weeks/months.Than no one cares because nothing changed. The End.

Right now is the perfect time to correct stuff.Sylver_Aura and other players wrote many usefull things.I am sure if enough experienced player meet together with the Aeria AK team things will change in a positive way for everyone and most of the game health.Listen to the players...making the game fun and worth playing again as it used to be in the "gold old times" ;) It can work even with New Content without doing raidcal changes...just saying if someone from the AK Staff reading this...now is your last chance^^

Lets dream...

• Sadly, the time to correct this probably long passed. Sometime between a year and a year and a half ago, many players kept giving Aeria feedback at how some of the then-new changes in management of the game was likely going to harm the long term health of it and increasingly drive players away if they continued that trend, but things simply continued, and... that's what happened.

That being said, I'm not trying to simply discuss how the old days used to be way better, or what can be done to go more back to those ways (again, at this point, little can probably be done as the damage has long been done). I'm simply trying to see if any players would be willing to challenge themselves despite the poor state of the game.

• You can keep blaming Aeria but it's all pointless, they have no control on how will this game is meant to be played or balanced it's on X-Legends, we know exactly how the game will play out a year from now because Aeria servers are over a year behind and has been for the past 3-4 years there are no surprises.

You can keep on dreaming but I don't think X-Legends listen to foreign players suggestions even if you direct mail them

It's on x-legends on how the game will be played and balanced, while it's on the publisher how it will be monetized and make money whether it be from gear/costumes/consumables with just minor changes

Players are simply stuck in-between now you can choose to ride it out or or move on to different game that will suit your needs.

just my 2c

• That being said, I'm not trying to simply discuss how the old days used to be way better, or what can be done to go more back to those ways (again, at this point, little can probably be done as the damage has long been done). I'm simply trying to see if any players would be willing to challenge themselves despite the poor state of the game.

Quoting myself here, and I don't know if that is directed sort of to me, but if it is, as far as "who is to blame goes", I've always said there's things on both X-Legends and Aeria, so I largely agree with you anyway. I've never raised issue towards Aeria for poor balance or whatever though. The complaints to Aeria were over things they can control, and things they did to attempt to more aggressively monetize the game in the short term at the cost of it's future. The fact that it would or be far from a perfect (or if you will, even good at this point) game anyway because of X-Legends' development is neither here nor there on that matter. Again though, none of this is even the main focus of this thread, but yeah I guess the game is also long gone of any real players who'd do what I was looking for anyway. D:

• Define "Real players" exactly, as far as I know veteran players were the one that introduced us to building efficiently when no one knew how detailed damaged worked, when it was finally all figured out it made everything much easier not exactly challenging, it lead to things like 5 man sky towers or soloing entire party dungeons as fast as possible, this also goes for bandwagoning on the strongest classes everyone wants to do stuff efficiently by themselves.

Maybe when the game just started it was fun and challenging because many were ignorant to build right, it's X-Legend that decided this game state since the beginning the players were just figuring it out along the way.

I don't think the old days were better except for the population, we're getting more content now back in mid 2014 to early 2015 the game was stuck on a limbo for the longest time, lv60 OW and dragons was the end game content for more than half a year.

Players simply moved on to other newer games, lost interest or real life got busy this goes for many MMO's. AK is not exactly dead by any means I'm actually surprised it survived this long.

• That may be true.But i also know many many players who left because of the reasons adressed many many many times already.

These "problems" are caused by the management/monetizing of this game version.Everyone know what direction the game content was heading to long ago.

Veterans dont/didnt leave because they moved on.Or played another game.Or lost interest.They just lost hope.The immense of money/gametime you have to invest to enjoy this game version at the fullest...is ridiculous.Right now there are only a handfull player experience End Game Content...on top of that you see player in Chimera with +30 full PVE Tank Gear with 170 MoveSpeed...Ice Element Gunsliger Weapon +30...Trophys +30 i never seen before...i really see dark times for the future players xD Without proper guides and veteran players leading newbies to the meta the servers will become a clown fiesta...you can only roll the eyes and move one at this point...I dont know if its even worth to discuss about it...its not my game and not my server who ever is in power do how ever you wish^^i dont think anyone really cares anymore^^

• Well, it's fine. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. If someone likes it better now, I'm not intending to try and tell them they are wrong in their enjoyment. After all, it's only a game, and having fun is the goal, and it's never my own personal goal to try and ruin that for anyone else. That being said, I do firmly believe that the state of the game on Aeria's servers is rather dire and speaks for itself, however.

Anyway, again, opinions of the game in the past compared to now isn't even what I intended with this, so can we please leave that bit out? I wanted to see if anyone would like to try and challenge themselves a bit (I'm starting to guess not, though, in which case I'd rather the thread just die than become an argument).

• That may be true.But i also know many many players who left because of the reasons adressed many many many times already.

These "problems" are caused by the management/monetizing of this game version.Everyone know what direction the game content was heading to long ago.

Veterans dont/didnt leave because they moved on.Or played another game.Or lost interest.They just lost hope.The immense of money/gametime you have to invest to enjoy this game version at the fullest...is ridiculous.Right now there are only a handfull player experience End Game Content...on top of that you see player in Chimera with +30 full PVE Tank Gear with 170 MoveSpeed...Ice Element Gunsliger Weapon +30...Trophys +30 i never seen before...i really see dark times for the future players xD Without proper guides and veteran players leading newbies to the meta the servers will become a clown fiesta...you can only roll the eyes and move one at this point...I dont know if its even worth to discuss about it...its not my game and not my server who ever is in power do how ever you wish^^i dont think anyone really cares anymore^^

Ice Ele-slinger +30 tank gears oh yea so terrible, playstyle is a bad thing right? sorry if i sounded like a butt there, its just that people play the game their own way im a Guardian and im a tank with Ravager as my sub class such a mortal sin i've committed people play the way they like and i don't think anyone should be bashed for it as long as they have fun it doesn't matter imo

What all guards wanna be :AK19::AK19::AK19:

• Well, that's not exactly too surprising if you selectively get just enough to be under Red panel and then stave off completing certain ones until the end (which is what you did), especially since there's a lot of things you no longer have to do to get it these days.

Still, nice that you skipped the worst panel in the game so fast, and figured out this was possible. You can get the Yellow panel in a few days/a week (less if you know what you're doing), and then the Red panel isn't too awful to get either, but you'll generally be stuck with that one for a while. Come to think of it, the Black panel being the highest one is the longest time we've been stuck with the same highest panel; seems I've had it for over two years now. Panel system when?

Also, this is still much better than yet another solo of level 85 or 90 dungeons, haha.

• I think the real problem is the change in management, 1,5 years ago you could give feedback and they tried to make the game better. They adressed good ideas to Xlegend (they even visited them in TW) and tried to keep the cash part of the game balanced.

But these days they clearly show they don't care about their customers at all, they just try to make as much money as possible with as less effort as possible.

Like i said in the producer live stream thead : Patch notes are getting worse everytime, no producer letter anymore - just a crappy live stream, loyality shop gets zero updates, total useless ggp since 1 year, nobody thinks about how new game element will work on the server (for example the new secret rainbow crystal can be farmed, but they forgot to implement a vailid way to farm to potions), fixing existing problems like the world bosses....

There is a lot of things Aeria could improve without much assistance needed from Xlegends, if they would really care about the game. In my opinion they will probably lunch a new game soon and want to make Aura as bad as possble to move the players to a new game.

• While there are things that aeria is doing that I don't agree with, there's a lot that they can't fix without the help of XLegend. Things that you've suggested such as "nobody thinks about how new game element will work on the server (for example the new secret rainbow crystal can be farmed, but they forgot to implement a vailid way to farm to potions), fixing existing problems like the world bosses..."

World boss fixes have been suggested to XL a few times already, but XL has done nothing about it. All of the content that we get is from XL, so if it's missing things, that's really on XL. The only things that aeria can personally make changes to are prices and promotions of cash items, they can't do anything content wise without XLegend to step in and either develop it or approve it.

pmDkOPJ.png

| Lancer lv 9x | Guild: BlackMarket| Discord Sairaphis#4185|

• Well that is not entirely true:

Aeria has a cerain control. They can set the prices in the Loyality shop, and i'm pretty sure on TW the potions are not in their shop with 500 LP.

Also they can tell TW to change drops (like they are doing it in SR from time to time), so they should be able to change worldboss drops or dropsrates in general too.

And the "new" Worldbosses is a element exklusive for Aeria (in TW they don't have them), so I don't think TW would mind if they tell them "please reduce HP of theses bosses to 30% or remove de-buff blocker" - of course Xlegends isn't motivated to do changes which require a lot of work (like bugfixing them) but minor changes they regularly.

• A request has to be put in every time they want to change the SR drops, and that already took negotiating to get. Worldboss drops have been requested, as I mentioned, but XL has yet to agree to it. For the new world bosses, you're talking about Abenthy and Mechium and all those? We've asked, and it's been submitted, and once again, XL has blocked it for now. Aeria only has so much power, and sadly in these cases, it's entirely up to XL

pmDkOPJ.png

| Lancer lv 9x | Guild: BlackMarket| Discord Sairaphis#4185|

• I'm not going to pretend like the supposed "Golden years" of 2014 and 2015 were as good as nostalgia suggests. Though the game itself was in a much better state at first, there were some pretty big issues in those years too, with the game, with the management, with teams, etc., all of it. I'm one of the first people who will tell you mid-2016 was the "great shift" for the game and created a new and second era (when the game died/went bad, basically), but even I won't pretend it was truly that much better beforehand.

The thing is, precisely because there were hurdles back then, starting in 2016, it accelerated, and that is precisely why it's so bad now. Pay walls went up more, and for longer, accessibility went way down, the game itself became far, far less casual and less rewarding for your time (but still pretends to be casual...), and yes, these are problems in which the fault is on both X-Legends AND Aeria, not just the later. However, the latter chose to focus too heavily on short term profits backed by high player turnover rate due to greed, rather than player retention and long term health of the game (and maybe their company at this point...), and it's no secret the trading of stocks or majority ownership or whatever in the company has resulted in even more management woes. To be honest, I don't entirely blame the current Aura Kingdom team; they are honestly little more at fault than those closer to perfect (in our minds) teams from 2014 and 2015, and the real blame lies in... well, call it the bad side of capitalism, greed of the higher ups, or whatever, but the resulting mess of these collective years CAN NOT be denied, and pointing fingers, or arguing over whether it's the developer or publisher, or whether it's this year or that year, is really not what matters. What matters is this... what do we have today as a result of that whole? What is Aura Kingdom in 2018 on Aeria's servers?

Here is what we have. The game is increasingly inaccessible, the game is increasingly far less rewarding for the time put in, the game is increasingly less active, and... oh, a big one expounding that last fact, but the game is increasingly becoming plagued with botting (and I don't mean the masses of gold generation bots, which have actually become less of an occurrence [probably because the game is near dead], but rather actual players botting) that it's almost unreal, so what little activity it appears to have is mostly a false display as well.

The botting is probably the biggest thing killing whatever was left of the game for me, and it doesn't help that accessibility is so bad that it drives this (keys for eidolons are so expensive, it leads people to buy one, then bot link for the rest, that lovely idea of an experience curve before it was rightfully abandoned was so horrible that it lead to the rise of dungeon botting, the last two level races were heavily determined by botting on the first few pages of the leader boards, etc.). Now, I'm not justifying the use of such means (more the opposite; I personally don't get it, because if it's so bad that you have to bot, why not just walk away?), but I DO, at the same time, see what motives can push the use of such things for others. Now, botting is a complicated matter, and while it's better to err on the side of safety to avoid false positives, botting is so rampant that seemingly the majority of long-term and end-game players, including spenders, do it. Aeria knows it, and yet Aeria can not make a mass effort against this, because they'd be cutting out a huge part of their financial support, so they are forced to pseudo-tolerate it and be a bit more lenient regarding it (I've seen people who bot and even buy gold get unbanned). I don't know why there was never a captcha implemented (or rather, why it was removed) or why they couldn't do more checks on the side of the server for these things (I have no idea how this works, so forgive me), but the thing is, while nothing may be fully preventable, Aeria has made seemingly zero effort to even try it, and it goes a long way to me, as a player, to show that they do not care about the state of the game at all anymore (which is awful), and only for profits. It's not sustainable.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Sylver_Aura ().

• FYI this is actually a complement.

are you a reporter or sth lol

you write fairly well =D

• I'm not, and it's funny you say that because I'm rather terrible verbally. I speak just enough to scare the children and short attention span people away. ^^;

Also, I just realized this was the thread I started. I thought this was the one RayneeDay started. Everything turns into "the state of Aura Kingdom" these days, I guess, and it can't be helped.

• The botting is probably the biggest thing killing whatever was left of the game for me, and it doesn't help that accessibility is so bad that it drives this (keys for eidolons are so expensive, it leads people to buy one, then bot link for the rest, that lovely idea of an experience curve before it was rightfully abandoned was so horrible that it lead to the rise of dungeon botting, the last two level races were heavily determined by botting on the first few pages of the leader boards, etc.). Now, I'm not justifying the use of such means (more the opposite; I personally don't get it, because if it's so bad that you have to bot, why not just walk away?), but I DO, at the same time, see what motives can push the use of such things for others. Now, botting is a complicated matter, and while it's better to err on the side of safety to avoid false positives, botting is so rampant that seemingly the majority of long-term and end-game players, including spenders, do it. Aeria knows it, and yet Aeria can not make a mass effort against this, because they'd be cutting out a huge part of their financial support, so they are forced to pseudo-tolerate it and be a bit more lenient regarding it (I've seen people who bot and even buy gold get unbanned). I don't know why there was never a captcha implemented (or rather, why it was removed) or why they couldn't do more checks on the side of the server for these things (I have no idea how this works, so forgive me), but the thing is, while nothing may be fully preventable, Aeria has made seemingly zero effort to even try it, and it goes a long way to me, as a player, to show that they do not care about the state of the game at all anymore (which is awful), and only for profits. It's not sustainable.

Well I really don't care if people do link-botting of eidolons, it doesn't affect me and my experience in the game at all.

What really affecting the game is the enourmous gold buying in the game - on the german server: any offered quanity of ruby coins is nearly instantly sold (nearly at any price), there are people shouting "i am buying up to 999k ruby coins". No way in hell they got so much gold without gold buying... This is really killing the game, because it is extremly driving up the ruby coin prices and frustating everyone who tries to play the game without massig gold buying.

• Bot linking for eidolons might not directly impact others, but botting is way, way more than that. I feel it's impacted the economy negatively perhaps as equally as gold buying (the difference being that gold generation through bots has typically been through mass means and has caused more inflation, but that by itself isn't the damaging part to the economy), with the addition that it's impacted far more areas of the game. In either case though, you're just at a big disadvantage compared to those that do it, and bot use seems pretty rampant in recent times.

As someone who played back when the masses of bots for gold generating were a common thing, I would find it more off-putting to play in today's environment than back then.

• Well in my understanding the most damaging about the bot usage is the fishing and seller the gold and diamond fishes to the npc right? so would be no problem (and no disadvantage for anyone) to take these fishes out of the game - in higher maps the orange fishes won't drop any of these gold/diamond fishes, so why keep them in the low ones? just attracts botting and has no use for fai players.

• Sadly, it's so much more than that. The bot plays the majority of the game for you. It does your quests. It runs your dungeons non-stop, getting you drops (which range from recipes to gear to materials and can be used or sold), income, and experience/levels. It does your professions. It does your achievements. It does your eidolon prayers. It links for you to complete your eidolons that Aeria overcharges you for just to get the first key for to begin with. At this point, it practically does almost everything to my understanding.

With the game becoming easier and easier over time, to me, the point of playing became more about the progression (the journey along the way, so to speak) and not just about endless end-game dungeon running where bosses die when you look at them, and these days, a bot plays the actual entire game for you and you just occasionally do a dungeon or PVP event now with the result of the work the bot did. I mean, I don't see the point in playing that way, but to each their own I guess? I know I surely don't want to play in an environment that is so tainted by it, though.

• Well I suppose I should comment.

(I don't quite have +20 everything)

as of posting i've got 1205 achievement score

There is always something to do.

(leveling alts, starting up your own guild (I did that), Hunting eidos (looking at you vermillion, getting +20 everything.. I am on a budget we don't make much.... etc. )

Been playing for 4 years. I am having more fun with Aura kingdom then I did with WoW as it is right now.

• I'm not necessarily looking for recommendations as to what to do to have fun. I've also gone through and done pretty much everything the game has to offer, especially during 2014 to 2016. After that, I largely quit, just playing once or twice for a few short stretches to check in what little new content there was, which wasn't much since most of it went behind accessibility/payment walls.

I pretty much made this posting at the time people were, for whatever reason, doing Shattered Netherworld solos en masse like it meant something. That was around the point that soloing literally meant nothing (not that it meant a whole lot before either since it was 90% Ravagers doing it), so I was trying to prod the community to try and limit themselves during accomplishments, but as this thread shows, there was no such thing. I guess people aren't interested, which surprised me because in the same breath, people complain the "game is too easy" but seem totally content in playing in situations that makes it so easy that they complain.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not trying to discourage or shame people from finding fun in whatever they naturally find fun. I was largely a casual player myself (that is, after all, why the game was so great, back when it was casual before all the RNG and grind infestation took over). I just figured there'd be more willingness to try some different things, so to speak, and found it surprising there wasn't (well, game is largely dead here, too, I guess).