Let's imagine we had enough people to do "gearscore"-sorting.
To this idea there need to be restriction und questions that should be answered:
- The gear should not be able to be changed after entering queue
- What happens when you have 3 people with 1.5M gearscore and the rest with 200, how will you balanace that
- ... if you have 1 1.5M gearscore tank vs 2 1.5M dps
- ... if you have the OP HS on the one team, and only a tank on the other team
- How to spread classes / not 3 sorcs on one, and 3 bards on the other side.
and those are only a few examples I came up with in a minute. As you can see there is far more than just gearscore. There is also classbalance (just as one example).
The best idea for you is to join Holy vs Evil, where gearscore and class don't matter. (But with that, PVP has no need to build PVP gear in the first-place. Which takes a lot of fun for people I guess).
In my opinion the best solution would be to make getting +30 (FINALLY) cheaper for free 2 play people. But since most people already struggle with getting their PVE set +20. How is there hope for PVP: