Secret Stones are used to enhance a weapon or armor piece to increase a given skill. Basic Secret Stones can be purchased at a Secret Stone Merchant. More advanced Secret Stones can be found by exploring Azuria.
Secret Stones can be inlaid, extracted or upgraded. Upgrading a Secret Stone consumes unwanted Secret Stones to increase the power of a select Secret Stone. Only one Secret Stone can be inlaid into one piece of equipment. They cannot be upgraded beyond the character’s level. Once a Secret Stone is upgraded or inlaid, it cannot be traded.
Upgrading Secret Stones
- Speak to a Secret Stone Merchant and select dialogue option “I want to embed, extract or upgrade a Secret Stone.
- Place the Secret Stone to be upgraded in the Upgrade window.
- Place the Secret Stone to be consumed to enable the upgrade in the slot below the Upgrade window.
Receive more Gaia Fragments by salvaging higher level and better quality gear.
- Left click on the Refine button.
- Hover mouse pointer over Secret Stone to view stat bonus.
Inlaying Secret Stones
- Place the gear you wish to inlay in the Inlay window.
- Place the Secret Stone in the window below the Inlay window.
- Left click on the Inlay button.
- Hover mouse pointer over gear to view new stats
Extracting Secret Stones
To extract a Secret Stone, place the gear with the stone you wish to extract in the designated window, then left click on the extract button.