Healer Wizard/Sorcerer ?

• Wizard/Sorcerer Healer

So, I had this idea in my mind for so long and I got to create one (currently lvl 60... a bit low). The players I know playing Sorcerer or Wizard never use their heals unless they are in danger, they keep focusing damage (Which yes, is what they do so its normal) I couldnt find anyone who tried a Healer Wiz/Sorc on the net either, so i wanted to share this. This is basically a Wiz/Sorc combo that focuses on healing instead of damage dealing. I focus on SPD, DEF primarily and CRIT, HP secondary. Depending on my experience, having the main class as Wizard is the best choice even if Sorcerer has one more +%3 healing Envoy's Path buff. This is because Cooldowns of Wizard's healing is already high, and it being a secondary class makes it too much to be a viable healing skill(around 1 minute which is so high for a main healer). Having Wizard as a main helps a lot. With %50 SPD you have your R.Prayer on 15 second cooldown, which means you can cast it every 3 seconds it worns off (it has 12 second duration). R.Mantra doesnt need to get cooldown since it has already low cooldown and can be casted to have a infinite healing buff. Also it doesnt stack so, its pointless to have it on 3 second cooldown where you can do much more healing when your main is Wizard. They both get a healing skill combo, which is Healing Mantra and it has 1 min cooldown so it doesnt really cover up the loss of R.Prayer when your main is Sorcerer. So, Wizard as the main is the best choice. I compared it to Bard (ofc bard can heal much more and maybe is better, by comparing I dont mean to 'Wiz/Sorc is better healer', I mean to 'Oh, Wiz/Sorc can be an alternative to bard!') So yeah.

Wizard/Sorcerer and Bard

I'm not involving masteries here, so know that when Im talking about abilities. Wizard has 1 healing ability, Sorcerer has 1 too. Bard has 4 healing ability. Wizard and Sorcerer both get 3 (1Wiz 1Sorc 1Combo), Bard with any combo that has healing get 5(correct me if im wrong, it might be 6). So they have a decent amount of abilities. This is where it gets a little bit complicated. Bard has only 1 group healing and it takes time to cast. Wiz/Sorc has 2, one is instant, healing over time and removes a random debuff the other one takes a little bit casting, which is less than the bards. So we might be able to say, "Wiz/Sorc is a better group healer than Bard". Yes the Bards group heal has no cooldown, but Wiz/Sorcs HoT also has infinite duration (if you are a healer Wiz/Sorc then you focus on heals which makes R.Mantras duration infinite due to lower cooldown than duration). Also each time you cast an healing ability, you remove a random debuff. If you think of these Wiz/Sorc healer really can be a viable healer as the Bard is. Bards single target heals are strong, but not group healing. Wiz/Sorc is weak at single target, but somehow is a good group-healer. I played in a few parties but they are not really reliable sources of data. I kept the team alive fairly well and the cooldown gap gave me a chance to attack, supporting the battlefield. Healer Wiz/Sorc seems to be a good healer, thats why I decided to create one. I can heal the group and also giving someone extra-heals (which usually is the tank, I use my R.Prayer on the target which gets the damage usually), removing debuffs and also supporting the battle a bit by freezing, stunning or sleeping enemies. I would really like to make a guide on it when I get on higher levels and actually have reliable data sources. Thanks for reading :)

• not really recommended to do, wiz and sorc HoTs are so small and not enough to rely on in actual combat. noc core just heals you up way better than those small heals. bard sub meanwhile is okay for "pinch healing" in case youre really low and need to top up asap.

it couldve worked way back when AK started due to people not having high amounts of hp due to no stars on armors and no forts on acce, but then again noc core wasnt nerfed that time and is way better. nowadays with all the easy access to LP for forts and DP to get LW you could gear up in a decent amount of time and get 150k or more hp and noc will heal you up faster than rejuprayer/mantra can. you mostly use it for the buffs/cleanse it provides, the extra heals is just a plus.

• Wizard/Sorcerer Healer

So, I had this idea in my mind for so long and I got to create one (currently lvl 60... a bit low). The players I know playing Sorcerer or Wizard never use their heals unless they are in danger, they keep focusing damage (Which yes, is what they do so its normal) I couldnt find anyone who tried a Healer Wiz/Sorc on the net either, so i wanted to share this. This is basically a Wiz/Sorc combo that focuses on healing instead of damage dealing. I focus on SPD, DEF primarily and CRIT, HP secondary. Depending on my experience, having the main class as Wizard is the best choice even if Sorcerer has one more +%3 healing Envoy's Path buff. This is because Cooldowns of Wizard's healing is already high, and it being a secondary class makes it too much to be a viable healing skill(around 1 minute which is so high for a main healer). Having Wizard as a main helps a lot. With %50 SPD you have your R.Prayer on 15 second cooldown, which means you can cast it every 3 seconds it worns off (it has 12 second duration). R.Mantra doesnt need to get cooldown since it has already low cooldown and can be casted to have a infinite healing buff. Also it doesnt stack so, its pointless to have it on 3 second cooldown where you can do much more healing when your main is Wizard. They both get a healing skill combo, which is Healing Mantra and it has 1 min cooldown so it doesnt really cover up the loss of R.Prayer when your main is Sorcerer. So, Wizard as the main is the best choice. I compared it to Bard (ofc bard can heal much more and maybe is better, by comparing I dont mean to 'Wiz/Sorc is better healer', I mean to 'Oh, Wiz/Sorc can be an alternative to bard!') So yeah.

Wizard/Sorcerer and Bard

I'm not involving masteries here, so know that when Im talking about abilities. Wizard has 1 healing ability, Sorcerer has 1 too. Bard has 4 healing ability. Wizard and Sorcerer both get 3 (1Wiz 1Sorc 1Combo), Bard with any combo that has healing get 5(correct me if im wrong, it might be 6). So they have a decent amount of abilities. This is where it gets a little bit complicated. Bard has only 1 group healing and it takes time to cast. Wiz/Sorc has 2, one is instant, healing over time and removes a random debuff the other one takes a little bit casting, which is less than the bards. So we might be able to say, "Wiz/Sorc is a better group healer than Bard". Yes the Bards group heal has no cooldown, but Wiz/Sorcs HoT also has infinite duration (if you are a healer Wiz/Sorc then you focus on heals which makes R.Mantras duration infinite due to lower cooldown than duration). Also each time you cast an healing ability, you remove a random debuff. If you think of these Wiz/Sorc healer really can be a viable healer as the Bard is. Bards single target heals are strong, but not group healing. Wiz/Sorc is weak at single target, but somehow is a good group-healer. I played in a few parties but they are not really reliable sources of data. I kept the team alive fairly well and the cooldown gap gave me a chance to attack, supporting the battlefield. Healer Wiz/Sorc seems to be a good healer, thats why I decided to create one. I can heal the group and also giving someone extra-heals (which usually is the tank, I use my R.Prayer on the target which gets the damage usually), removing debuffs and also supporting the battle a bit by freezing, stunning or sleeping enemies. I would really like to make a guide on it when I get on higher levels and actually have reliable data sources. Thanks for reading :)

Chief said this ain't it. I don't even know where to begin with how many problems there are here...

1. No one plays healer wizard because wizard isn't a healing class. Wizard and sorc both have incredibly low healing numbers and the cool downs just make it infinitely more inferior to just playing even bard sub.

2. AK doesn't need supports in general, sure play bard or w/e but don't turn a perfectly good DPS class into a really, really, really bad support that will accomplish close to nothing.

3. Sorc sub is god awful, it literally provides nothing, and it's by far the worst S1 weapon. Sorc without envoy literally does nothing, it can't debuff properly, it can't actually spam mantra, so it's losing everything that makes main sorc good.

I'd recommend not ever making a guide on this build because the replies will be exactly like the ones to this thread.

Daybreak - 95 - Gunslinger

SoonTM - 90 - Shuriken

ChubbyBird - 90 - Sorc

Pachimari - 90 - Lancer

Snow Vice

Hydra Phoenix

• Difference between bard and sorcerer or wizard is that Bardos have burst heals with good base numbers and big % scaling ratios.

Flat HoT doesn't help at all sustaining damage during a fight. When you literally take 30-50k nukes in the face from mobs every second, and even more from bosses, 3-4k HP regen is barely noticeable (even bard's ballad is having hard time keeping you alive when you take a lot of damage and it's a 15k HoT)

Healers and support classes in general are not needed at all in this game, for the time being at least, pvp is the only exception. You only slow yourself down from any gear progress with slow clears, limited dungeons you can actually clear etc. Or you pretty much have to craft 2 different gears for pve, support and dps meaning double the expenses on a class that already struggles a lot when it comes to making gold from dungeons.

^ [ and this comes from an ex-bard main]

So yeah, let your dreams be dreams sadly, don't theory craft, follow the mainstream and you'll be goochie.