Game Suggestion to Balance Game Play

• Introduction

I've played the game since 2016. Been on and off since 2018 and played other mmos/mobas. After having tried alot of MMORPG, I noticed how some of them balance and control overpowered players in their games.

So I'll start with the following reasons why I want to suggest this nifty way of giving a challenge to maxed out players.

Reasons

1. "Everybody can oneshot a boss even in hell dungeon if you are properly geared."

Yeah, I hear this a lot. Players with +20 or more gears can solo party dungeons even hell ones. And this kinda removes the party aspect of the dungeon. These players will solo these dungeons and complain about having no challenging dungeons. Complain about how easy the game is. Even though the end game is extremely difficult for players who just started out.

2. "You don't have a billion gear score? Can't join the party!"

I've encountered this before. This is why I rarely join random parties. I hope the community is getting better now a days.

3. "Tanks are useless in this game"

Well, in the current state, yes. What's there to tank if they're all dead in one skill rotation.

4. "I don't need a healer, my lifesteal is stronger than your heal."

You get the point.

5. "Git gud kid!"

Yeah, I actually am trying to get good in this game, thanks for suggesting. But if they just reject/mock you for trying to participate in a portion of the game because you're not good enough, then a lot of new players will be discouraged to PvP/party up and just solo grind the game.

Suggestions

PvE - Give a debuff.

But not just any kind of debuff, a debuff that scales with level.

Before you leave or write a comment, hear me out.

For example, if a level 80 player is in a level 60 area, then they get a -20% stat debuff.

Area Level Stat Debuff
    Vulture Vale (Lv 60) 70-74 -10%
    75-79 -15%
    80-84 -20%
    85-89 -25%
    90-94 -30%
    95-99 -35%
    S1-S4 -40%
    S5-S10 -45%

Meaning, a player can only have a maximum of +10 levels in that area before they receive the debuff. And this debuff increases in strength by 5% every 5 levels capping at 95%.

This is somewhat like how experience works. There is a certain threshold where you get lesser experience the higher the level the monster you kill. That's why you can't just go and kill higher levels in abyss because of diminishing return in experience.

I did the math to gears only and it balances out, still giving an edge to high level players even with the debuff.

I haven't tested this with the stats included but I'm assuming it also checks out.

What stat does it reduce?

This can be up for discussion.

I suggest the DMG/HP can have the full effect and CRIT/SPD/DEF/EVA will have half the effect.

This way, the player can really think how they allocate their stats. Not just mindlessly dump everything in one stat, etc.

What area is this debuff in effect?

This will affect World Fields and Dungeons.

• So world bosses will need a bunch of players to be killed.
    • Daily questing will be challenging again.
    • Party dungeons will need a party to be completed.

PvP - Force PvP gears

Meaning, a player can only register if he/she/it is wearing PvP gears.

This way, players will have separate gears for PvE and PvP.

But wait, there's more

Redesign PvP gears to not be upgrade-able. WHAAAT??

You read that right. PvP gears will be stripped down to just base stats.

You can still inlay stones and everything else, just no fortifications.

So no "OP +30 GEAR one button razor wind you to death, GG I WIN" scenarios.

Everybody, new and old, can join the PvP without the fear of being fodder cannon.

PvP will be skill vs skill, not money vs money.

But how?

You can create another tab for PvP gear, like Fishing gear.

Or you can apply a buff/debuff locking the player inventory/gear.

Once they enter the battlefield, when they swap gear you get the warning "You cannot switch gears/tabs in your current state" or "You cannot perform this action while in the battlefield".

I haven't joined PvP in ages. But this will be a good way to refresh PvP in this game.

Cycle the meta

What does this mean? Give buffs to certain classes, give nerfs to certain classes.

Do this every couple months (every 3 months maybe).

This will balance the class distribution of the game because we all know that some classes are way too OP. This will also be revitalizing underappreciated classes.

Obviously we cant nerf a class that has just been released. But if something is broken, maybe fix it.

Power creep is a real thing in games and having x amount of classes without buffs and nerfs kinda kills some classes.

Hope these are clear enough.

I welcome constructive comments and suggestions.

• For example, if a level 80 player is in a level 60 area, then they get a -20% stat debuff.

...and what about the players who are lvl 80 and dont have a gear yet? the full gear will still solo everything. u only hit the weak ones with stuff like that. additionally why should a small ini gets better, if u are getting better? makes no real sense...

1. "Everybody can oneshot a boss even in hell dungeon if you are properly geared."

same as above, doing something against this will only hit the weak players who are still missing the gear. additionally if u would hit only players with better gear then the point of making ur gear stronger becomes more pointless. if the debuff gets too strong the publisher would loose money cause of less selling of mighty reinforcements.

"Git gud kid!"

but yes u have to, there are still players who think the are able to solo dungeons just because they have the matching armor but never used an reinforcementspell on these. its not only to harass players, some really are bad and dont understand the system at all.

• Next to pvp:
    Pvp vs Pve gear is too strong. they shouldnt match up against each other... good point but the pvp is not visited often atm. if seperated the pvp gear would be completly pointless, since many players would only play the pve only pvp.

Instead i would decrease the pvp-armor stats. the pvp armor is way too strong compared to pve. with pve u are dealing almost no dmg at all against these players. another option would be to limit the pvp upgrades to +15 or +20.

• I think, being a newbie, this would kill all the fun of the game. I love going solo. I joined and kept playing AK because with grinding and using some brains I can explore most of the game without the game pressing the party mode for the reasons you stated against parties. If seniors, boosted users find the game less challenging, I don't know, debuff them somehow. I leveled up rather quick because the starting boosts of the game, but my fortify levels doesn't go higher than 7 on my lvl 80 gear I managed to farm after the last patch. The in-game economy is too unbalanced (solo dungeons barely farm gold versus crafting expenses, both materials and gold) to add more debuff to us new players. I am okay with adding more challenge, but not at expenses of new players gameplay' sacrifice.

Server: Olympus

IGN: Teshya                    Level: 97    Class: Witch/Bard                      Guild (friendly): The_Lovers (Leader and Founder)

ING: Kiyomasa (Kiyo)   Level: 48    Class: Ninja/Holy Swordman   Guild (friendly): The_Lovers

• Gin2nic I have problem with Chronowood Cavern dungeon and above where i use pvp gear +10 at solo normal dungeon,i cannot make it to the end,so i stuck there.So is there any adjustment on mobs hp and dmg?Are you experiencing a problem like me?Because to complete a main quest is quite difficult,that is not challenge,party,hell dungeon a normal dungeon i cannot complete...

• Tanks are useless in this game

well then....it not useless for patch since 2013

but yeah it actually useless 2018 now

----------------------------------------------------

Maybe u need the game become like this!

This is a decent party here 1:00 gameplay(The patch without ninja,holy sword,Lv70patch ect.)

• ...and what about the players who are lvl 80 and dont have a gear yet? the full gear will still solo everything. u only hit the weak ones with stuff like that. additionally why should a small ini gets better, if u are getting better? makes no real sense...

I don't understand your sentence but from it, i think you're trying to say is why get a penalty as you progress the game.

Well, you only get penalty, if and only if you go back to an area lower than your level, an area you already accomplished/completed.

The reason you only go back to any area, lower than your level, is to complete daily quest/achievements/medals. And lets be real here, it takes 1 lure, 1-3 skills just to complete it at higher level. Again, additional challenge.

The game used to baby sit you until level 70, now until level 90 with the account quest. What I'm trying to get at here is bring back the "Massive Multiplayer" part in the "MMORPG".

And if a player from level 1 up until 80 never got the gold from questing to craft his first level 80 weapon, then he/she/it just rushed the game for end game content, which is ok, no penalty whatsoever.

Stats Lv 80 Lordswrath Light Armor +9 @ 120% -10% Stat -20% Stat
    DEF 3302 2971 2641
    DMG 3924 3531 3139
    Lv 70 Vengeful Sniper Armor +9 @ 120%
    DEF 2611 2349 2088
    DMG 2717 2445 2173

Above table is purely upper armor stats, no other stat considered. Looking at this, the higher leveled gear is still stronger with the stat reduction. And this is with just +9.

"You can easily +20 any gear" - every end game player.

Nagisa wrote:

same as above, doing something against this will only hit the weak players who are still missing the gear. additionally if u would hit only players with better gear then the point of making ur gear stronger becomes more pointless. if the debuff gets too strong the publisher would loose money cause of less selling of mighty reinforcements.

Don't you think players will more than likely purchase fortification scrolls the higher their level? And the publisher lose money? How? Care to enlighten me.

This penalty only affects players who stays in areas below their level. This will not affect their current state, so no, it will not be pointless.

Example:

Why should a Lv110 player with a billion gear score be allowed to "one shot" demons in VV/BB? If he gets a penalty, then players @ Lv60 will have a fighting chance to participate in this events.

These are the scenarios I'm more concerned off.

Pvp vs Pve gear is too strong. they shouldnt match up against each other... good point but the pvp is not visited often atm. if seperated the pvp gear would be completly pointless, since many players would only play the pve only pvp.

Instead i would decrease the pvp-armor stats. the pvp armor is way too strong compared to pve. with pve u are dealing almost no dmg at all against these players. another option would be to limit the pvp upgrades to +15 or +20.

Again, like I said, FORCE THE PVP GEARS in PVP. Just like forcing a fishing gear to affect fishing.

And I also stated this earlier, "Redesign PvP gears to not be upgrade-able".

This will remove any fortifications buffs and everything will be an even playing [battle]field.

I think, being a newbie, this would kill all the fun of the game. I love going solo. I joined and kept playing AK because with grinding and using some brains I can explore most of the game without the game pressing the party mode for the reasons you stated against parties.

This would not kill the solo experience in my honest opinion, i solo'd the game up until my current level. I only joined party when there are quests that require party, or due to me not having enough strong gear to solo a party dungeon.

If seniors, boosted users find the game less challenging, I don't know, debuff them somehow.

Uhm, that's what I am suggesting. A debuff penalty for high level players in low level areas.

Uhm, im not sure, i didn't complete the video. But low level players can still ask for help from high level players (especially for dungeons) because, (1) they have higher level gear/stats, (2) they have more experience regarding the dungeon, and (3) they can tank the dungeon for newbies.

• Gin2nic I have problem with Chronowood Cavern dungeon and above where i use pvp gear +10 at solo normal dungeon,i cannot make it to the end,so i stuck there.So is there any adjustment on mobs hp and dmg?Are you experiencing a problem like me?Because to complete a main quest is quite difficult,that is not challenge,party,hell dungeon a normal dungeon i cannot complete...

Don't use PvP Gear anywhere except Arena, use the orange gear that is now free. The orange gear has buffs for elites/boss.

Wrong place but I know where you're coming from. I think everybody experiences this at some point, even I have to go through this. This is new player experience. What i did is learn the skill patterns of the mobs, avoid skill areas (red).

Avoid being too near or lure too many mobs, try to learn how to kite.

Some boss have a mini quest where you have to get a special buff, to deal more damage to the boss, etc.

Increase your stat (detailed), use nocturnal weapon if you have one, craft the weapon for your level.

I am currently preparing for awakening quest. To be honest, i think my current gear will not handle it, I will know when i get there.

• Do you see the ice/blue circles around the boss area? go to there and you will be immune to its flame attacks.

Thanks for the info gin2nic,i never thought it be useful,but other player just razor wind them once and die,mine is very difficult

• For example, if a level 80 player is in a level 60 area, then they get a -20% stat debuff.

I think this is a great idea. however, I would recommend doing this based on the amount of gearscore people have

With the EXP curve being as it is right now, i've seen plenty of people in my lv95 dungeons who are still running core-less LW (the ones that drop in boxes) which are +9-+15 because you level up really quick currently.

New players level so quick that their gear is still weak at the higher levels, but if you'd do this based on levels they'd get a penalty and become even more undergeared.

Nevertheless, I think it's a great idea!

• ^ This is what I mean. Gearscore instead of level debuff.

It would be very annoying to get 1H-KO'ed by just walking because level :AK1:

Server: Olympus

IGN: Teshya                    Level: 97    Class: Witch/Bard                      Guild (friendly): The_Lovers (Leader and Founder)

ING: Kiyomasa (Kiyo)   Level: 48    Class: Ninja/Holy Swordman   Guild (friendly): The_Lovers

• I think this is a great idea. however, I would recommend doing this based on the amount of gearscore people have

With the EXP curve being as it is right now, i've seen plenty of people in my lv95 dungeons who are still running core-less LW (the ones that drop in boxes) which are +9-+15 because you level up really quick currently.

New players level so quick that their gear is still weak at the higher levels, but if you'd do this based on levels they'd get a penalty and become even more undergeared.

Nevertheless, I think it's a great idea!

They will not get a penalty, because, they are in their "correct" zone. They can farm Tree Cave (Lv 95) all they want even in +30 Sniper Set, they will not get the penalty.

But if they (Lv 95) farm at, lets say, Gydaie Glen (Lv 40), that is the time they get the debuff because they are over-leveled in that zone. and they would need the correct gears (Lv 90/95) to compensate/cancel the penalty.

And yeah, I truly understand that leveling is quite easy. But, gears are also kinda easy to get. Free up to level 90. Dropped up to level 80. So, while preparing for S1+ gears, you can invest in leveling the Lv90 gears while saving up some money. Which I think is kinda OK right now.

• They will not get a penalty, because, they are in their "correct" zone. They can farm Tree Cave (Lv 95) all they want even in +30 Sniper Set, they will not get the penalty.

But if they (Lv 95) farm at, lets say, Gydaie Glen (Lv 40), that is the time they get the debuff because they are over-leveled in that zone. and they would need the correct gears (Lv 90/95) to compensate/cancel the penalty.

ah i was thinking about something else

Lets say someone was level 95, but they're still farming up coreless LW in the level 80 dungeons, they'd be ~15 levels over the map level, which would probably be in the range of the stat reduction right?

I also have a fun bonus clip of me trying to do Sarpa Solo with coreless LW;

https://plays.tv/video/5b71784a6f24a312ed/-counterplay

Farming of low level gear, even if it drops in boxes, should not be underrated as you need semi-decent gear before you can even start farming the better gear in dungeons ;)

• ah i was thinking about something else

Lets say someone was level 95, but they're still farming up coreless LW in the level 80 dungeons, they'd be ~15 levels over the map level, which would probably be in the range of the stat reduction right?

That is right. This would give the player choice of staying in that dungeon to farm the gear or sticking to that dungeon to just farm for gold or leveling up to get better gear.

I also have a fun bonus clip of me trying to do Sarpa Solo with coreless LW;

https://plays.tv/video/5b71784a6f24a312ed/-counterplay

Farming of low level gear, even if it drops in boxes, should not be underrated as you need semi-decent gear before you can even start farming the better gear in dungeons ;)

Lol, yeah, i used to feel this until i fortified my gears to at least +9, then adjust stats around until i survived that. Everybody have to go through this at some point.