Level 80-89 Guide

• Written by: KingPupsicle

-----

Hello fellow duelists,

I’ve been following philx495’s Overall PvE Duelist Guide, but I'm ready for an upgrade. I searched around but haven't found anything similar to philx495's all in one duelist guide. That being said, this guide, and I use this term very loosely, is intended for anyone looking for Lv.80-89 content. This is still a work in progress, but it’s something for now. I am open to discussion and suggestions and will try to include them in future updates.

With the equipment below, you're aiming to cap SPD, DEF, and CDMG, get as much move speed as you can, get a decent amount of CRIT (about 75%), and maximize DMG. EVA is the lowest priority. This isn't a duelist specific goal. Most other classes, if not all, will follow a similar guideline. It might just be a little easier or harder to cap some stats based on their class specific weapons, envoys, etc.

Armor

Lordswrath (Dark Element) (Imperial or Bestial Core)

If you're ready to upgrade your Vengeful Sniper Set, this is what you want. Either get recipes from instances loot, other players, or Golden Dragon Points. The armor element should be what you fight against most. In the current content, I think the most common enemy type is dark.

Weapons

Ghodroon's Supreme Dual Blades (Ice Element) (Destroyer or Deadly Core)

Use ice element for Snowflower. If you don't use it, element doesn't really matter. You don't need Nocturnal, since duelists should already be using the Bat Fang Envoy.

Accessories

Perfect War, Arcane Frost, or a cheaper alternative like Blinding Reflection (Imperial or Bestial Core)

Perfect War is considered the best but is also the most expensive. Arcane Frost is a little cheaper, but I still consider this set pretty pricey.

Trophies

Noripan's Emerald Leaf, Guzigla's Bloodied Tooth, and Theory Time Travel Code/the six Lv. 65 elemental trophies (Ancient Fang of the Fire Dragon, Ancient Frozen Skull, Ancient Thunder God's Soul Crystal, Ancient Mask of the Dark Occultist, Ancient Templar's Medal of Honor, Ancient Mask of the Wind Spirit) (Imperial or Bestial Core)

Keep Guzigla's Tooth in the lower trophy slot. The upper one is what you'll be switching. NORIPAN'S EMERALD LEAF MUST BE IMPERIAL. This gives you +8 move speed. Switch to this when not in combat. In combat, use either Time Travel OR the elementals. I read that if you +20 the Time Travel, you don't even need the elementals.

Gaia Emblem

Offensive DMG + Elemental DMG for all 6 elements, move speed

This is similar to your trophies. Switch around depending on your situation.

Mount

Not too familiar with these yet. More info later.

This is new. Gold mounts now have stats. I think the most expensive is the +20% resistance. You can also get ones with +30% elemental damage for each type if you’re ok with more switching.

Pets

I also not very familiar with pets. More info later.

Costumes

HP for hat. DMG for everything else.

Secret Stones

Lava Slash Cut for weapon. Crimson, Sunrise, or Azure stones for the rest? Someone help me out with this. 6% CRT DMG and 2% DMG. Spining Balisong for belt, Deadly Wink for helmet, Snowflower for gloves, Cross Slash for boots, and subclass skill for armor (no duelist stone for this).

Enchantments

Get something with Dual Drive for weapon and DMG for everything else.

For costume, use Snowflower Mastery for weapon (or a more useful subclass mastery), elemental damage for hats (have six hats for all six elements and an extra boss damage hat if you want), Cross Slash Mastery for face, CRIT DMG Against Bosses for Body, and Extreme Speed for back. Don't forget to enchant those with some DMG costume enchantments too.

Stats

Once you’re all geared up, reset this and cap your speed and defense. I maxed DMG and put the rest in CRIT after that. I also maxed HP and used the rest to overcap DEF. That was to counter the reductions in instances. You can probably put those extra points in EVA I guess. Those are your only two options anyway.

Masteries

Just try to upgrade to gold versions of everything from phil495.

Envoy Path

This is what I have. With capped speed and one Deadly Wink, I just spam it on mobs after using Purple Lightning.

Eidolons

Eligos/Yarnaros is still what I see the consensus is.

Weapon Mastery

15 move speed, 15 elemental resistance, and whatever you need to cap DEF and SPD. I put the rest of mine in CDMG.

• For weapon mastery 30 in DMG X amnount in Speed to cap. (in my case 8 points in spd)

15 in elemental resistance is useful but 15 in movement speed is mandatory for basically everyone

I've got 23 in HP and 10 in DEF

Definitely want Lordswrath Top and bottom and try to get perfect war.

(I don't have much gold... (So im using dawnwalker accessories. more bulk max spd and eva with that on (i'm broke ok?))

Level 80 enhancements give PEN +2% and this will stack. So if you have two crafted level 80 (hope ya do) that is 28% PEN

Deadly core gives crit DMG +15%

For secret stones you want to try and get some that have CRIT DMG +6% and DMG +2%

but that can be expensive at least try to get DMG +2%

Lava Secret stones for duelist are sometimes cheap. key word is sometimes.

masteries Crackling Slash is the Dot (it doesn't really hit that hard)). Eagle Dive is slash cut Crit % +X amnount I have orange so its +20% crit on that skill

orange Zeal (a MUST for everyone)

Purple lightning DMG +X percent (7% in my case (need to farm that later)) This skill will last for 20 seconds (30 if you use the sky tower gold blades) 30 second cooldown at max SPD (50%)

Extreme speed Which is EVA +6% and Movement speed +15% (everyone runs that) break defense a % DEF shred and Best Defense. Which is 1-3% DMG into DEF depending on if you have blue green or orange (orange takes 60 VV medals and 60k DP (or was it 70k))

The envoy nodes that are lit up are the following

Frenzied blades 10% chance to proc and each attack is a double attack +20% DMG lasts 6 seconds cooldown 12 seconds.

bat fang is the 3% unnerfed nocturnal MANDATORY

Focused target 5% more HP and 10% ACC Shred (well each attack has a chance to)

Frenzy text says attacks 25% chance to do more dmg over time but actually its more like a 25% chance for I think its 60-70% Zeal proc (this will destroy most everything when it goes off)

and the last node lit up seems to be Horn of Reprisal

Evasions have a 20% chance to buff you with DMG +20% DMG taken - 25% ACC +20%

I've heard this is a PVP talent... i don't think so its so useful when it procs.

Also you can have times where Frenzied blades, Frenzy and zeal proc all at the same time and the enemy just melts.

Though I did end up with a holy element weapon which boosts dancing bailsong by 20% and I mostly use that skill for AOE (along with the envoy nodes and left path which is an extra 20% with a +2 meter range (level 60 effect is dmg +30% +3 meters range and when you evade cool down reset (I think that's what it means don't have it yet)) (2.5 second animation 3 second cooldown)

Cross slash envoy as well ( +2 meter range because at 3 stacks enemy takes 40% more DMG from duelist skills)

Eidolons it really depends on what you have. Or what stats you need.

Eligos gives more ACC and has a DEF Shred While Yarnaros has a stun

Both eligos and yarnaros have ATK speed +25% and DMG +24% usually what everyone runs. (and they are very easy to get)

Hel has a DEF shred and a stun. Crit +15% Crit DMG +20%

I tend to use Hel if I need more crit (also because she is level 70) ( i got the 3 star bundle when it was out)

Kotonoha can be used as more of a support role because aoe nocturnal

(kind of easy to get)

more crit dmg would probably be uzuriel (can easily 3 star make 3 alts)

But mostly you wanna use Eligos and Yarnaros. because of the dmg +24% ATK speed +25%

(and easy to get)

I went for more of a bulk evasion set. (have a mount that gives +20% EVA)

so I am a exception to the envoy path linked above. it's just how I play.

Happy farming.

(when i EVENTUALLY get to 85 im grabbing that keres 5% DMG into EVA and grabbing that 20% Crit mount i have)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Indard ().

• kinda wanna mention Swift Assassination it does allow the next attack that follows extra 70% Damage when used if your Hs sub you can become a mini Hs main when it goes off both mobs and players can melt under it if you pair it with a strong skill like Thunderstrike (Hs) Bali or Wink (Duelist) and rolling kinda becomes habit even if you're not using it offensively so Rolling then doing a Wink can melt as well if Zeal and Frenzy porc as well

What all guards wanna be :AK19::AK19::AK19: