Lancer is top #1 DPS right now even after the so called nerf and I’ll try to give a brief explanation & possible optimizations for this specific class from my experiences playing it.
I’ll skip the basic game mechanisms, but in case you’re new; refer to Desparae’s guide and some basic info:
- [Guide] Optimizing PvE DPS.
- [Info] Basics of Elementals.
- Lancer main elemental damage is Dark.
- Critical damage cap is 315% (+15% from envoy).
- Attack speed cap is 74%.
|Holy Sword||Dragon Slayer def-shred (combined with Demolition lance roughly ~9k def)
Stun on Charged Divine Sunderance
Huge gap closing ability
Smiter's Edge detail dmg 10%, also great for mobs management on
CDMG buff on sLvl 1 wep, best if you aren't fully geared (refer to awakening guide here)
|No movespeed boofs|
|Bard||People choose this mainly because of the movespeed bonus (or if you're TOO overgeared)
Ballad 12% detail dmg
Ambient Drone Stun
Poor mobs management
I’ll start with lvl 80 and up cuz main quests give you enough lvl to reach that point.
Lvl 80 - 89
- Get full Lordswrath set, and craft dem all Imperials. I’d like to emphasize that movement speed is important. Faster movement = faster dungeon clear time. Don’t be a dead weight to your party. Generally, 250% mspd is minimal requirement nowadays.
- Craft destroyer and nocturnal Lvl 80 weapons. Dark element for your main weapon is a must.
- As for the trophies, get imperial guzigla, bestial time travel and imperial noripan. Imperial Noripan will be used for running.
- Accessories. Imperial Arcane Frost if you have low eidolon prayers and titles stats (especially newcomers). Otherwise Imperial Perfect War which has slight more advantages for those with decent prayer/title/story stats primarily because of DMG against elite and higher damage base.
- Top set: Imperial Blazing top Set
- Bottom set: Imperial Magic Sundering bottom set; this is really useful for Time Library and future awakening patch which translates overcapped crit to crit damage cap increase due to the effect it has.
- Craft destroyer and nocturnal Lvl 90 weapons. Dark element for your main weapon is a must.
- Preferably nocturnal core on your sub weapon so that you can use gold weapon for your main weapon in the future. Lvl 95 weapons are better than Lvl 90 regardless of their effects, this is mainly due to 10% primary dmg being better than 10% boss damage (this is assuming your boss damage doesn't suck and have atleast 90%).
- Get lvl 90 PvP Lancer weapon for running. It gives free 12% movespeed.
- Accessories: Wild Howl Set set.
- Trophies: Now this entirely depends on how much geared you are and your preferences.
- Bottom Slot; Main Trophy
- Top Slot; Secondary Trophy
- Lvl. 95 Element Relic (unreleased); respective dmg against element 30%
- Ancient Mask of the Dark Occultist; for dark bosses
- Dabaka's Makeshift Contraption; def shred
- Wind Spirit Feather; def shred
At this point, you'll just need to craft slvl1 both weapon and sub for the penetration effects;
Optionally, you want slightly more raw dmg from Slvl101 DPS top Set.
I emphasize, this is completely optional since they offer the same detail dmg as lvl 90 top dps set.
SLvl 5+ (Very far in the future)
SLvl 5 Armor gives you 10% dmg increase against element and 4024 speed at the cost of 2% detail dmg and 6% movespd.
Use gear switch for this, see below for explanation.
SLvl 5 Weapon for Lancer
This underrated feature allows you to switch a set of gear in a single button press. The idea is to use one set of Imperial gear for running, and another for DPS. You will not lose mspd from using gold quality gears and you can free up some skill slots and save money on cheap movespeed cards on weapons.
Img figure: DPS Tab on gear tab slot 2 (left), Movespeed set on gear tab slot 1 (right)
Mod edit: Video removed due to use and showcase of third party software of this nature being TOS borderline.
At the current content, it is best to use Mounts + Hats element switch; however this also depends on your elemental skill dmg and dmg against ele modifiers.
You'll want to balance them both to get the highest damage output. A friend of mine written a nice detailed guide about this if you want to read here.
I've made a calculator if you wish to optimize your setup and want figure out what's best for you here.
- Emblems: Dark dmg emblem and a 14% mspd emblem for running.
- Hats: Get all dmg against element hats enchants, dmg against boss for violent bosses.
- Mount: Get all dmg against element mounts + dark skill dmg mount.
- Holy Chests: Nazrudin / Zaahir’s to boost dmg against Ice and Fire targets.
7% cdmg & 8% dual drive for your main weapon with PEN stat
(dun need mspd cuz pvp lancer wep for running as mentioned)
7% mspd enchant & 8% dual drive for your sub weapon w/ PEN stat
DMG enchants w/ PEN on armors/accessories etc.
- Face: Frozen Lance +5
- Costume: 25% CDMG against boss (or CDMG against elite 50%)
- Weapon: Sacrificial Lance +5
You'll want to get 2% dmg atleast as the primary stats (more detail dmg %, the better),
Secondary stat would be elemental damage. The following elements should be your priority: Dark>Lightning>Ice
- Lava stones for main weapon and sub
- Frozen Lance Range (or Divine Sunderance range if HS sub)
- Infernal Exile Duration
- Sacrificial Lance CD
- Rest can be any tbh
- General Skill: Merciless Soul Strangler (or Storm Song / Refrain of Paradise if bard sub for zumzum)
- Atk. Spec: Zeal
- Adv. Skill: You have two options for these, they are situational depending on your party setup
- Funerary Dirge: This should be your main mastery if you don't have any other lancers in your party that use the same mastery or if you are doing solo
- Otherwise: Deadly Ditty
- Defense Spec: Extreme Speed
- Special Skill: Deep Blue or Best Defense
Activate Soul Reincarnation buff when trying to allocate your stats points and take dungeon stats debuff into account.
Buff yourself with Shuriken or Holy Sword buff if that's your sub class.
Ideally, you want to reach 50% speed and 90% crit rate first then you can invest in DMG.
Lancer has low crit rate in idle by default, try to reach the desired primary stats before investing in DMG.
Make sure you're at 80% DEF, then remaining points for HP.
Choose one that you need, some dungeons easily break Mark Protection’s shield, while some don’t.
In this case you can sacrifice left mspd tile and take Mark Protection tile to your preference.
Also things to note: Frozen Lance tiles range is actually AoE, not the actual distance. (ty chros)
Lancer dark path is the left one. List ordered by priority:
- 15 to mspd
- 20 to dmg against all elements except storm and holy
- 30 to dmg
- Remaining points go to crit dmg, speed, or crit rate
Best eidolon for lancer is Niddhog, Summer Nidhogg, or Festival Muramasa.
However if you don't have the luxury to reroll yet, Yarnaros or Eligos with the default buffs still works fine.
With 4-star eidolons being released; Ideally, you will want one of these:
- 25% attack speed, 45% dark dmg, 16% dmg
- 25% attack speed, 45% dark dmg, 30% dmg against dark
- 25% attack speed, 45% dark dmg, 10% chance to zeal (50% dmg)
Note that you can safely ignore 25% attack speed if you have enough attack speed from the archives (24% atk spd in total)
Optional: Get a 15% mspd cleo or tiger for running for zumzum. Or just 4-star Kotonoha or Quelkulan so that you don't have to reroll for the movespeed buff.
Eidolons reroll chances can be seen here: http://guildless.net/forum/thread-76-1-1.html
Whenever a Lancer skill is used, a Mark of Fire or Mark of Ice will appear on the stone tablet. The stone tablet is visible on the UI and is linked to the skill Mark's Awakening. Once there are three marks on the tablet, a special skill can be used depending on the combination:
Three Fire summons: Blood Lance - Soul Reincarnation
You need to cast this before any bosses. This one is really OP buff.
Two Fire and one Ice summons: Demon Lance - Hymn of Doom
One or two casts of these are enough to melt a boss.
There are other two skills but they’re practically useless:
One Fire and two Ice summons: Thunder Lance - Sudden Death (nerfed).
Three Ice summons: Soul Lance - Divine Frost.
Lancer rotation is quite linear and self-explanatory.
You basically want to summon 3 fire runes first and get Soul Reincarnation buff.
Then get 2x fire, and 1x ice to cast Hymn of Doom.
Rinse and repeat.
Do note: Soul Reincarnation only lasts 11 seconds hence timing is essential so please pay attention to boss spawn/cutscene time on each dungeons.
Any input/suggestions or questions are welcome.